OT We made the paper.....or least one of our fabrications did

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT We made the paper.....or least one of our fabrications did

This was in the local paper today - we made the basket. My guys are all CWB certified, don't worry Parks Workers, they don't let me near a whip!

https://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/...tion-underway/

Congratulations! I'm sure your guys welded that basket up like someone's life depended on it.

I thought maybe as a vote of confidence you might go along as a ride-along for the first shift.
    Gotta love that view.
    Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

lol not this guy Willy. I'm up for some risky sales calls and dangerous bean counting

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
        lol not this guy Willy. I'm up for some risky sales calls and dangerous bean counting
        You've got more guts than I do!

Comment

What's next .. shark cages. Actually I would prefer a shark cage over the one you built in the pic. (situationally)

Don't quite understand why they are worried about loose rock. Why not just let nature do it thing.

Ok .. never mind, just read it a little better, didn't realize there was an observation deck below.
          John Titor, when are you.

Comment

Bloody safer than the bosuns chairs diverting the Colorado river!, the photos of that made my hair stand up, and I’ve been on one going off the top of a cooling tower.
            Weldone, pun ishing init
            Mark

Comment

crazy canucks

Comment

There's a small museum in southwest Wisconsin about early mining there, first lead and then zinc which appeared just below lead deposits. The first French explorers had local native Americans to find and chip out protrusions of lead ore which could be then smelted on open flat rock furnaces.

But I diverge. In the first actual underground mines, workers were lowered in the large bucket which they stood in, one leg in and one leg out to fend the bucket off the wall of the shaft. They were pretty susceptible to falling rock that way, so the first government regulations for mining included a roofed metal cylinder which miners didn't like because it was so noisy.

Many worker also lost feet from trying to push rock ore down into the jaw crushers. Some things have changed for the better, so congrats on a good job for those workers.
                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

I would be sure to give the crane operator a good gift before climbing into the basket. If not he might just decide it would be OK to swing the basket over under the falls. Opps, sorry guys. Wind and all you know!
                  How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Amick View Post
                    What's next .. shark cages. Actually I would prefer a shark cage over the one you built in the pic. (situationally)

Don't quite understand why they are worried about loose rock. Why not just let nature do it thing.

Ok .. never mind, just read it a little better, didn't realize there was an observation deck below.

What a silly place to put an observation deck.
                    Andy

Comment

Originally posted by vpt View Post
                      What a silly place to put an observation deck.
                      You're right Andy, they should sell rides in the basket instead, you'd have people lined up all day long.
                      You could cut costs by replacing that expensive crane with an old boom type wrecker for that uniquely rugged Canadian experience.
                      Step right up folks, don't worry we'll replace that frayed cable before weeks' end.

Comment

Working...
                      X