Motor wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor wiring

Not sure if the photo will take. Cant make sense of this plate, I want 110 cw rotation, its a used motor of a door opener and there are a few more wires then whats shown on the plate. Putting it on a wood lathe.

Originally posted by 12teethperinch View Post

Cant make sense of this plate, I want 110 cw rotation, Putting it on a wood lathe.
    Connect black and blue to L-1
    Connect red and white to L-2
    Put wire nuts on all the remaining wires so they don't make contact with each other or anything else.

Steve

Comment

For cw, swap red and black (as it says). Other than that it's already set for 110-120v

That's a really odd wiring chart.

For CW I'd wire the hot to black and blue. Then neutral to red and white. Ground would go to frame ground.

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

How long will the motor last on a lathe? As a door opener, it only runs a few seconds at a time.

Comment

How often does a lathe run each year? The have doors/gates that open/shut 30-50 time and hour all day. That's far harder than continuous run, and a lathe is rarey at full load for long periods.

The motor will be fine.

Comment

Looks like a re-purposed boiler circulator pump motor. If it's anything like the B&G motors, it'll run forever if maintained.

Comment

Originally posted by elf View Post
              How long will the motor last on a lathe? As a door opener, it only runs a few seconds at a time.
              The lablel says that it should be oiled yearly when used for continuous duty, so the makers must think it's OK.

Dan
              At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
              X