Karnasch Mag Drills any one used one

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Karnasch Mag Drills any one used one

I was curious if any one has experience with these Made in Germany Magdrills,model 55 will drill 2-5/32" hole with annular cutter.

I am not personally familiar with the brand. From looking at their website it looks like they are mainly a cutting tool company. After 39 years of selling professional power tools I can tell you there is a lot of cross polinating with power tool companies. I would be surprised if they made their own mag presses. Probably have them made by another company and private labled. May be made for them by someone like Euroboor or Fein who private lables for other companies.
    Sole proprietor of Acme Buggy Whips Ltd.
    Specialty products for beating dead horses.

Comment

It is cosmetically similar to my Steelmax mag drill, which was made in Poland. I have used it quite a bit and really like it. The Karnasch has a Morse taper spindle which is great because you can pop in a regular chuck and use it in place of a drill press. I've done that more times that I can count.

The one feature I wish I had is the one where you can let the body of the drill slide loose a little bit on the magnet, so you can find the centerpunch mark easier before you actuate the magnet and lock it down. Don't know if the Karnasch does that.

metalmagpie

Comment

Originally posted by Beazld View Post
        I am not personally familiar with the brand. From looking at their website it looks like they are mainly a cutting tool company. After 39 years of selling professional power tools I can tell you there is a lot of cross polinating with power tool companies. I would be surprised if they made their own mag presses. Probably have them made by another company and private labled. May be made for them by someone like Euroboor or Fein who private lables for other companies.
        Originally posted by metalmagpie View Post
        It is cosmetically similar to my Steelmax mag drill, which was made in Poland. I have used it quite a bit and really like it. The Karnasch has a Morse taper spindle which is great because you can pop in a regular chuck and use it in place of a drill press. I've done that more times that I can count.

The one feature I wish I had is the one where you can let the body of the drill slide loose a little bit on the magnet, so you can find the centerpunch mark easier before you actuate the magnet and lock it down. Don't know if the Karnasch does that.

metalmagpie

Yes it seems like a lot of copycat going on with Mag Drills,I don't think Fein is involved with this one.I believe BDS also German was making Karnasch Drills before these models,the cast body looks similar.The Karnasch has a unique slide system that does not use dovetail but round shafts that head travels on.

Karnasch offered every model with the sliding on magnet,I think they will go 360 deg. As well.I am limited to what brand I get as I need all controls on right hand side so it will fit nice on my new drill press.This model has reverse and two speed gear box so would be great for tapping.Does yours have reverse Magpie.

Comment

Working...
        X