OT: Ice Cream story!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Ice Cream story!

This evening the three of us went to town and had dinner and ice cream. The funny part is we parked where we usually park if we are going into the ice cream parlor. If the nice Italian owners of the ice cream parlor see us park they start to make me a banana split right away. That is what I have always ordered in there since I moved here. It is sort of a standing joke because by the time we sit down they bring my banana split with three spoons so the wife and daughter can share MY banana split while they wait for there orders to come. Now the funny part. They saw us and made me a banana split BUT we didn't go into the ice cream parlor we went into the Greek restaurant right beside the Ice cream dealer. So we come out after eating and go into the ice cream parlor and the owner comes to the table and puts a totally melted soupy banana split in front of me! We all had a big laugh. She then told me to park somewhere else if I wasn't coming straight into their shop. Everyone else in the place was really having a ball seeing what happened.
    How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Originally posted by Black Forest View Post
    This evening the three of us went to town and had dinner and ice cream. The funny part is we parked where we usually park if we are going into the ice cream parlor. If the nice Italian owners of the ice cream parlor see us park they start to make me a banana split right away. That is what I have always ordered in there since I moved here. It is sort of a standing joke because by the time we sit down they bring my banana split with three spoons so the wife and daughter can share MY banana split while they wait for there orders to come. Now the funny part. They saw us and made me a banana split BUT we didn't go into the ice cream parlor we went into the Greek restaurant right beside the Ice cream dealer. So we come out after eating and go into the ice cream parlor and the owner comes to the table and puts a totally melted soupy banana split in front of me! We all had a big laugh. She then told me to park somewhere else if I wasn't coming straight into their shop. Everyone else in the place was really having a ball seeing what happened.
    Sounds like there are some serious stalkers working at that ice cream parlor. You should probably notify the authorities

Comment

I don't like ice cream

Comment

Originally posted by gambler View Post
        I don't like ice cream
        I don't trust anyone that doesn't like ice cream. That is just wrong!
        How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

Comment

I like frozen yogurt though, does that make it ok?

Comment

Ice cream is for kids. I like sherbet. Rainbow sherbet is probably my favorite

Comment

I'm getting ready to have a dip of Vanilla on a warm piece of cherry pie. Yum Yum

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                Ice cream is for kids. I like sherbet. Rainbow sherbet is probably my favorite
                exactly

Comment

Just remember, chocolate is the last flavor of the day run at the factory. Chocolate covers a lot of sins and the days mistakes go into that run.
                  Bill Pendergrass
                  Rotec RM-1 w/Rusnok head
                  Atlas TH42 QC10

Comment

Happens to me at my local pub. I'll go in, thinking that maybe I'll have something else today, and there it is- already poured- my usual beer. They always wait now and ask me, since I have two or three favorite drinks.

But ice cream- yes, I think I'm going to need some of that soon. Damn, those places are too close to where I live
                    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

I remember going go Moevenpick in Munich, gettingvthe biggest icecream. About 25 marks or more, a salad bowl full for two of us..
                      Could Barely walk when we left.

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
                        I remember going go Moevenpick in Munich, gettingvthe biggest icecream. About 25 marks or more, a salad bowl full for two of us..
                        Could Barely walk when we left.
                        We have Kimball's Farm Ice Cream over here. It seems everyone comes from everywhere to get our ice cream.

https://kimballfarm.com/

Comment

Originally posted by rzbill View Post
                          Just remember, chocolate is the last flavor of the day run at the factory. Chocolate covers a lot of sins and the days mistakes go into that run.
                          In 1940s Seattle there was occasionally black licorice ice cream. If your tale is true, it could have had any flavor with a mistake, even chocolate.
                          Allan Ostling

Comment

A couple of things: I really like that in our small village: I really do not like that because you can be traced in a couple of phone calls by your kids or wife?!!!! Any of you remember Hallowe’en? And going out with your friends? And coming home and dad aready knew what you had been up to?

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                              We have Kimball's Farm Ice Cream over here. It seems everyone comes from everywhere to get our ice cream.

https://kimballfarm.com/
                              I have been to Kimballs many times! Do you still walk up to the window to order?

Comment

Working...
                              X