Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New project/addition to my lathe

Tool block Carousel.
    Look for it in a future Digital Machinist (I think)
    George was OK to let me show it here first.

Sid

A neat looking setup. I love how the dovetail blades give you a top view of the cutter so they are really easily recognized. As such I'd say that the blades themselves would be a great project to use either with this rack or with a straight line rack. What are the actual dovetail blades made from? I'm thinking 3D printed by the look of them. Or purchased from some source?

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
      A neat looking setup. I love how the dovetail blades give you a top view of the cutter so they are really easily recognized. As such I'd say that the blades themselves would be a great project to use either with this rack or with a straight line rack. What are the actual dovetail blades made from? I'm thinking 3D printed by the look of them. Or purchased from some source?
      They are my own design, printed.

Sid

Comment

Nice clean looking design Sid. Well done

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
          Nice clean looking design Sid. Well done
          Thanks!

Sid

Comment

That's just what I need! Is there a bit of drag on the holders or could you spin one off if you whipped it around too fast?
            I'm very impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
              That's just what I need! Is there a bit of drag on the holders or could you spin one off if you whipped it around too fast?
              I'm very impressed.
              If you whipped it around, they could go flying. But, I've not reached that RPM yet!

Comment

very nice

Comment

A very space saving design. I like it! Even with the plastic.

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
                    A very space saving design. I like it! Even with the plastic.
                    Plastic! It’s the future!!!
                    Especially printed!

Comment

I should make one of those, of coarse mine could be a lot smaller, I only have 4 tool holders and I made one of those. But some day,,,,,,,,,

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                        I should make one of those, of coarse mine could be a lot smaller, I only have 4 tool holders and I made one of those. But some day,,,,,,,,,
                        Well, give it some time. The details should be coming out.....

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                          Well, give it some time. The details should be coming out.....
                          I've had the lathe for 12 years, how much time should I give it? remember I am a true home shop tinkerer, I mean machinist.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

Originally posted by lugnut View Post
                            I've had the lathe for 12 years, how much time should I give it? remember I am a true home shop tinkerer, I mean machinist.
                            Well, that’s up to George’s schedule.

Sid

Comment

Seems it would be very easy to make a slight change in the size to provide that drag.

But is it a good idea? That may depend on how solidly it is mounted.

I bet a simple, gravity latch could be devised. It drops into place when a holder is present and a light motion with a finger could lift it to remove that holder. Just a thought.

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                              If you whipped it around, they could go flying. But, I've not reached that RPM yet!
                              Paul A.

Make it fit.
                              You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Working...
                              X