Chaski board

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaski board

I suppose most people know this,but I only just found out. I've not looked at the Chaski board much because it seemed a pain only showing one post at a time.

If you click on the icon marked "FLAT" it shows all the relevant posts like this board.Much easier to follow.

Apologies to everyone who already knew this.

Allan

What is the Chaski board? Sounds like a spy novel title. Where is it?

Comment

Ever try to follow a busy thread in google groups rec.crafts.metalworking....drives me nuts. I find myself reading the same thing over and over.

[This message has been edited by Boomer (edited 08-26-2004).]

Comment

The Chaski board was the place to go for a while, but they upgraded the format, and a lot of people left because it was too hard, or they were resisting change. Everyone should wander over there from time to time, to help support it, it really is a nice board for machinists, and it will allow you to post pictures without having to find a host.
        David from jax
        A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

http://www.chaski.com/ubb/ubbthreads.php?Cat=

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

John beat me to it

[This message has been edited by Allan Waterfall (edited 08-26-2004).]

Comment

Thanks for the info...I just signed up..

brent

Comment

Chaski is a low activity board compared with HSM or PM. They have a core group of knowledgeable responders though. It is a
                shadow of what it once was but now much easier to follow than the random access approach used a few years ago. I have found
                that posting there can be difficult, it seems to take a post but then the post never makes it, some of which seems due to long delays between the apparent acceptance of the post and its appearance on the board. steve

[This message has been edited by sch (edited 08-26-2004).]
                Steve

Comment

Steve,
                  Interesting, since I have no trouble with it at all. Wonder if it could somehow be the settings on your computer?
                  David from jax

Comment

Most of the YAHOO forums are a steady in futility.
                    Since the charge advertising, wonder why the cannot have a decent format, such as here or PM.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by sandman2234:
                      Steve,
                      Interesting, since I have no trouble with it at all. Wonder if it could somehow be the settings on your computer?
                      David from jax
                      </font>
                      Not sure what the settings variables would
                      be. I post from a variety of machines from PIII W98 to P4 1.4ghz and experience is same on all: On HSM posts popup in 5-15sec, on PM, about the same. On Yahoo it can be
                      3-5m or occasionally upto 30min before a post
                      appears. Haven't posted on chaski that much
                      but last one was several hours with an inadvertent double post. Other times the
                      post just disappears. Steve

Steve

Comment

sch, whenever I post there it is posted instantly.
                        Michael

Comment

Allan, thanks for the information. I have not been going there for the same reason. Do you know if there is a way to have the window open in the "FLAT" mode without having to change it each time?
                          Gerry

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gerryrig:
                            Allan, thanks for the information. I have not been going there for the same reason. Do you know if there is a way to have the window open in the "FLAT" mode without having to change it each time?
                            Gerry
                            </font>
                            .........I set it in my preferences and it's just like here. Click on the title and all the posts show.

Rick

Son of the silver stream ..... Bullet caster.

Comment

Buckshot is right, set it in your preferences and when you log on, it will be just like here, however, if you don't log on, then hitting "flat" works on each post.
                              David from jax

Comment

Working...
                              X