No announcement yet.

Do screwdrivers come shaped like forks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooooohh so you were THERE in the early chopper days ? Wish I could have seen that..

Comment

Yeah I was brought up right in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley. I remember in 65 the Oakland HA were scheduled to have a big run for the 4th of July out to a little resort east of us in the Sierras called Bass Lake. My old man caught wind of their schedule and knowing my brother and I were both gearheads he dragged us into town at about 11 PM on a Friday night to see literally hundreds of them roll thru town. We sat there on the sidewalk for a couple of hours sucking on sodas as they rolled thru town. I was 15 at the time and it did give me an experience that I still remember like it happened yesterday.
      My mom just shook her head when we finally came home. Mama tried.

Always the odd chopper around locally at the time but that night was an eye-full!
      Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
      Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Wow that is pretty cool. I went down around 78 hung out in Hermosa Beach, still some old time shops there. Like Dragbike Engineeringin I think Torrance, one in Long Beach, Dragers maybe, Walkers Frame.. cool places..
        When did you leave there?

Comment

When did you leave there?
          66...then two years in Seattle. Then up here.
          Born in Holland, we were going to move to Kenya but Ma and Pa settled on California when the Mau Mau uprisings started to get hot and heavy. Always hated the moves at the time but never regretted any of them. Kind of like changing jobs.

Gotta run 754, 18 hour day is starting to catch up to me. Have a good one!
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Here is a spanner bit set for the SouthBend.

https://picclick.com/Custom-Spanner-...136115070.html

Comment

Working...
            X