Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• danlb
    replied
    I've only seen those tools shaped like a pipe with horns on the end.

I've made several but have never hardened one in order to use it. They were generally single use tools.

Dan

Leave a comment:

• Richard P Wilson
    replied
    I came across one of these may years ago. I modified a standard screwdriver blade by filing a slot into it, leaving 2 prongs like Dracula's teeth. Screwdriver blades seem to be tough, but fileable, at least the one I chose was.

Leave a comment:

• Bob La Londe
    replied
    Use a Dremel type cutoff wheel to cut a slot in the middle, use an impact screw driver, and replace it with a normal screw.

Leave a comment:

• alanganes
    replied
    There is such a thing, I know exactly what you are talking about. I've seen and used them but can't for the life of me remember the name!

Like this, right:

Eckler's Windshield Wiper Pivot Shaft Nut | Stainles Steel | Ford | Fairlane | Torino Galaxie Mustang Truck Full Size Ford Thunderbird
    Last edited by alanganes; 06-04-2018, 09:45 PM.

Leave a comment:

• 1-800miner
    started a topic Do screwdrivers come shaped like forks?

Do screwdrivers come shaped like forks?

I have an adjustment nut on the sears table saw fence that is in a recess. It has two screwdriver slots on the face of the nut opposing each other with the bolt passing through them.
    Sort of like trying to turn a crown nut from the end with two screwdrivers.

I have tried two screwdrivers, one in each slot but too much flex and the nut is rusted.

Do they make such a tool or do I have to build one?

I could use a pipe and mill the end to leave two blades and heat treat.

One more project that I don't have time for.
Working...
X