Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• johnnyd
    replied
    Here is a spanner bit set for the SouthBend.

https://picclick.com/Custom-Spanner-...136115070.html

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    When did you leave there?
    66...then two years in Seattle. Then up here.
    Born in Holland, we were going to move to Kenya but Ma and Pa settled on California when the Mau Mau uprisings started to get hot and heavy. Always hated the moves at the time but never regretted any of them. Kind of like changing jobs.

Gotta run 754, 18 hour day is starting to catch up to me. Have a good one!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Wow that is pretty cool. I went down around 78 hung out in Hermosa Beach, still some old time shops there. Like Dragbike Engineeringin I think Torrance, one in Long Beach, Dragers maybe, Walkers Frame.. cool places..
    When did you leave there?

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Yeah I was brought up right in the middle of the San Joaquin Valley. I remember in 65 the Oakland HA were scheduled to have a big run for the 4th of July out to a little resort east of us in the Sierras called Bass Lake. My old man caught wind of their schedule and knowing my brother and I were both gearheads he dragged us into town at about 11 PM on a Friday night to see literally hundreds of them roll thru town. We sat there on the sidewalk for a couple of hours sucking on sodas as they rolled thru town. I was 15 at the time and it did give me an experience that I still remember like it happened yesterday.
    My mom just shook her head when we finally came home. Mama tried.

Always the odd chopper around locally at the time but that night was an eye-full!

Leave a comment:

replied
    Ooooohh so you were THERE in the early chopper days ? Wish I could have seen that..

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    Originally posted by 754 View Post
    Geez Willy , what are you working on ?
    Mostly everything!
    Some of these are old distributor tools, radio bezels, AC gland packing nuts, etc.
    A lot of this stuff was handed down to me from when my Dad was an auto mechanic when we lived down in Calif. during the 50's and 60's.
    Amazingly it comes into use now and then when I'm working on vehicles from that era. He left me with an awful lot of specialized tooling and knowledge from his days in automotive and marine propulsion service. Probably a big reason I'm a tool junkie.

He always taught me to seek out good tools as they would last a lifetime. His and mine by the looks of it.

Leave a comment:

• JRouche
    replied
    Made these about 25 years ago. They were just for one job but worked so well they got to stay in the tool box. JR

Leave a comment:

replied
    Geez Willy , what are you working on ?

Leave a comment:

• old mart
    replied
    Don't worry, it will turn up next year.

Leave a comment:

• dave_r
    replied
    It knew it would be lonely, so it hid to get you to make a mate for it.

Leave a comment:

• Arcane
    replied
    1-800miner, welcome to the club!

Leave a comment:

• 1-800miner
    replied
    I spent an hour with the Dremel modifying a 1/4 drive socket to fit. Set it down to get something and it was gone when I came back. Searched everywhere, crawled on my belly under work benches. Gone.
    Another hour on another socket. Got it finished and looked down to find the first one laying at my feet.

Leave a comment:

• Willy
    replied
    These are some from my 1/4" drive set, I have others that are bigger but I grabbed these because they were handy just to illustrate.
    These are all name brand USA or Canadian tool brands Snap-On, New Britain, Cornwall, etc. Even threw in one to be used with 4 recesses for yucks.
    Jobbers that carry quality automotive tools should be able to source whatever you need or you can certainly roll your own easily enough.

Leave a comment:

• MrFluffy
    replied
    Do you mean like on the top right of this set? Ive always known them as tamper resistant security screws, and I have a similar bit set that I use when manufacturers have thought I need protecting from myself when repairing things. Always worth having a cheap set around.

Leave a comment:

• wombat2go
    replied
    https://app.box.com/s/6slpwjdoyftte62ux9jnowet3ou96ort

The trammel type camera lens wrench is not stiff against twisting.
    It is difficult to get the brass retaining rings of the 60+ year old lenses.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X