X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay 20% off today

Today Only:
    20% Off Everything!*
    Celebrate Dad and save with coupon code PICKDADSGIFT.
    Ends at 7pm PT. Min. $50 purchase.

https://pages.ebay.com/promo/2018/0606/66165.html

Thanks! Good timing. I just grabbed one of these 2.2kW spindle kits for $240 after the 20% coupon.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/232493623262

Comment

I got a message on my phone this morning while in the shop but not the usual email. Had to wait until lunch to come inside and use the PC.

I got my order in for a couple of keyway broach sets (10 & 00) and a 3/4" end mill holder I plan to use for Weldon shanks.

Comment

Ah SHUCKS. The coupon only works once per member. I guess having more than one Ebay account would be good. Silly Ebay.

Comment

You'll have to wait until next month. Those Ebay discount codes sure are messing with my new lawnmower fund. Oh darn!

Comment

I've only sold a few items on Ebay so I'm not sure what are all of the Ebay fees are for selling, but I would think Ebay is eating the 20% discount and the sellers are not(?) If so, it seems like sellers could make money by buying their own items If the ebay fee is 5% and they sell something for $1000, it will only cost them $900 ($100 max discount) but they will receive $950 from the buyer (themselves).

Comment

Originally posted by CCWKen View Post
              You'll have to wait until next month. Those Ebay discount codes sure are messing with my new lawnmower fund. Oh darn!
              Did you search for your lawnmower on eBay? What's the matter with you!!

Comment

Yeah, I don't know how the discounts work for sellers. (I really don't care.) I got my night vision scope/camera last year at about $180 under the already discounted retail. The seller was having a sale as well as Ebay having a discount code. I made out on that buy. Ebay will also run a "Double Ebay Bucks" special once in a while. I got my Kurt vise using the Bucks and a discount.

There's some good deals but you have to be ready to pull the trigger.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                  Did you search for your lawnmower on eBay? What's the matter with you!!
                  I have to save up for that. It'll be around $6k.

Comment

I have to save up for that. It'll be around $6k.
                    Did you find out how much it would cost to just hire a landscaper per season? You might be able to get 10 years worth of landscaping for $6k and you won't have to lift a finger. The lawnmower might not even last 10 full years. I think we pay around $80 per lawn cut for our ~1.25 acre's of lawn from one of the best landscapers. Our previous guy was $50 per cut but wasn't detail oriented. I think we only need 10-15 cuts a year in the summer months.

Comment

That would put me around $1600 per lawn cut at that rate. That doesn't count the haying/shredding/mowing with the tractor.

Comment

That would put me around $1600 per lawn cut at that rate. That doesn't count the haying/shredding/mowing with the tractor.
                        Yikes, sounds like a full time job. You might have to retire from retiring

Comment

I used to mow 6 acres & loves to mow. Ended up with a 75 hp diesel 4wd tractor with a 7'bucket, cab, stereo,etc & a 15' mower for the airstrips & a 25hp garden fractor for the 2 acres around the house. Now the hay guy does the strips & a pro lawn mowerdoes the 2 acres for $35 which I dont think I could own a mower, weedeater & maintaln them for that.

Comment

Working...
                          X