Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone ever use an air powered Loctite dispenser?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone ever use an air powered Loctite dispenser?

I used to have one. It had a dial on front for different size fittings or fasteners. Used an adjustable stroke air cylinder to dispense as much as needed.
    It used pipe sealant I believed you would insert fitting in the proper size holder, push down to dispense, and I think roll the fitting to smear it around (could be wrong on that last part)
    It was made for high production.

After a while of never using it I decided I wanted oil dispensing for my drill press tapper.
    So I used most of the components. Then had a small hose going to an alloy banjo ring, that fit over the tap shank. That was usually cocked, but when you hit the air button, it came out the ring onto the tap shank, and then ran down the flutes. The adjustable stroke would be set for the right amount.
    So hit the button while backing tap out, switch bushing, then the now wet tap went to work.
    The pushbutton was on the drill press handle. WORKED WELL SPED IT UP.

Just curious if anyone ever used one of these or had seen one.

998400 dial a seal applicator its called.
    Lists at 2000.00 geez Louise

Comment

I have a loctite air dispenser. It is different than the one you describe and less expensive

I used it for adhesive depositing on a job years ago. I bought this one because it came with two large boxes of various consumables which can cost a significant amount. JR

It is the model 98666

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Just a guess here but that sort of gear strikes me as production tooling where one wants to allow for easy application of precise amounts on a very frequent basis so that quality is ensured. I can't for the life of me see it as a home shop tool other than if someone trips over such a piece for free or scrap metal pricing or wants it to modify into something else. Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

That is why I wrote,
          It was made for high production.

The reason for posting was, I suspect many if us work in industry, somewhere, someone has used one.
          There could even be one of us has one collecting dust.
          Then I explained a very useful thing I made out of it that many on here could use.

Not sure where I got it but it may have been Wagner Engineering in North Vancouver.

I have not noticed any threads on here on build your own high speed tap oiler.

Comment

...JR, do you insert work in that rubber boot near the bottom?

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
              ...JR, do you insert work in that rubber boot near the bottom?
              Thats where the syringe adapter goes. Air output of the unit. JR

My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

Labs use micropipette dispensers, cheap, possible use for CA or somthing, just a thought.
                Mark

Comment

I used to use a similar system for applying mastic to aircraft sub assemblies. we put the mastic into special syringes after mixing, froze them in liquid nitrogen, and stored them in a fridge at -20C, as the life of fresh mix was only about 2 hours. A pneumatic foot pedal was used to control the flow onto the workpiece, not as sophisticated as the Loctite setup, as the viscosity was much higher.

Comment

Working...
                  X