X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
    Here we go...

]
    Very nice! Your video proves it repeats very well but have you checked it for accuracy? Is 0,0 really the center of the bore? Sweep the bore with a indicator in the spindle and set true 0,0 on the dro's then probe it and see how closely it agrees with the indicated center. That will be interesting to see.

Comment

• Wouldn't turning the probe 180 in the spindle prove that? I certainly could be missing something.

Originally posted by Sparky_NY View Post
      Very nice! Your video proves it repeats very well but have you checked it for accuracy? Is 0,0 really the center of the bore? Sweep the bore with a indicator in the spindle and set true 0,0 on the dro's then probe it and see how closely it agrees with the indicated center. That will be interesting to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
        Wouldn't turning the probe 180 in the spindle prove that? I certainly could be missing something.
        I believe you are right. I keep thinking of the Renishaw inspection plus probing and calibration routines. BTW I contacted the one guy that was working on those routines, he did finish up converting the routines to linuxcnc and sent me them. PM me your email and I will send you a copy if you want. They are NGCGUI format.

Comment

• CNC fluff!! (hooked up the renishaw led...)

Comment

• First world problem! (time to make a fixture plate...)

(that is with the Z all the way down... - Still very glad that I raised Z 5 inches...)

Comment

• I tend to have the reverse problem. Raise it on blocks is the obvious but how about a longer collet chuck? Got any more spare axle?!

Comment

• T-nuts!

Comment

• Just need to cut them apart...

Comment

• Small update

Comment

• Originally posted by DICKEYBIRD View Post
                      Thanks for the update Sam....it's looking great. The (almost) end is near. They're never completely done are they!
                      I agree. Thank You for the update. JR

Comment

• control box is almost done - I think everything that needs to be in there is in there.. (added 2 relays so I have 2 switched outlets and 2 always on - initially at least for mist and flood coolant)

I need to do a little more wire management... working with what I have

Comment

• Comment

• Finally working on the enclosure... (things I hate doing the most... Trim and tin work..)

Last edited by skunkworks; 09-22-2019, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• For someone that hates it, you seem to be doing a pretty good job!

Comment

• Couple small updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X