X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Front

Comment

Can I send you my column to true up?!
      Similar problems to you - no reference surfaces except the dovetails and needing a riser block. Not going to pretend I'm doing anywhere near as thorough a job as you are though!

Comment

Certainly is a pain to make it fit correctly. Probably could get by with a stack of washers..

Comment

You do good work and apparently plenty of it. I am always glad when I first open the home page and there is an update to this thread. This is the first one that I open to see if there are any new pictures.
          Thanks for taking the time to post up all the good information and pictures.

Dwight

Comment

Thank you - I wing it pretty good

Originally posted by dmartin View Post
            You do good work and apparently plenty of it. I am always glad when I first open the home page and there is an update to this thread. This is the first one that I open to see if there are any new pictures.
            Thanks for taking the time to post up all the good information and pictures.

Dwight

Comment

dang, that's impressive.
              san jose, ca. usa

Comment

Finally got the bottom finished (I think)

Comment

Yum...

Comment

seems to have bolted together.. Now to make sure it is perpendicular in both planes..

Comment

Hey - the pallet changer still works! This is a tomb stone hat we have been wanting to mount on the K&T.. I want to use the mill as a cmm to check for my little mill's square-ness. (But first drill the holes in the tombstone because it was already on the pallet) never ending

Comment

I trammed the column of my old dovetail mill using Moglice and encouraged by Stefan's project.
                        Worked fantastically for a "one & done", but it appears you have all manner of squaring device so
                        we'll just consider my statement anecdotally.
                        Len

Comment

Originally posted by skunkworks View Post
                          Hey - the pallet changer still works! This is a tomb stone hat we have been wanting to mount on the K&T.. I want to use the mill as a cmm to check for my little mill's square-ness. (But first drill the holes in the tombstone because it was already on the pallet) never ending

Can I come over to your house and play with your toys??
                          Joe

Comment

I wondered which one was the "tophat" that needed drilling, and then I saw the spinning swarf on the far right.

I thought all those holes were drilled as needed. That is in the sentence "I has needed to stop 1/2 inch sooner. Oh well, just adds character to the table."
                            At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

We are pretty cautious. Rarely make a mistake that machines into a fixture. The left plates came that way ( all those gross random holes). (the way left one we did drill all the 2" on center holes)

But they work great even though they look rough.

Sam

Comment

It's looking great

Comment

Working...
                                X