Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tombstone getting positioned.

Comment

The saying "go big or go home" comes to mind. Guess I will stay home.

Comment

The pallets are perfect on the k&t.. probably because the spindle center line can only get to within 1" of the table.

Sam

Comment

Finally got the little mill back on the big mill.. took a bit if finesse to level/square the base/Y axis. (without warping the casting..) We have a .0005"/10" level that works very well for these situations.

Currently the column is <.001 square over its distance. (both directions..)

sam

Comment

Not the fastest swap in the west... again - designed in the 60's

Comment

Now to get the rest lined up...

Comment

I find your work to be quite impressive. Thanks for sharing it.

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Thank you.

Originally posted by danlb View Post
                  I find your work to be quite impressive. Thanks for sharing it.

Dan

Comment

Redoing oil lines.. It didn't have metering valves and the Y axis ball screw was never plumbed..

Comment

I hate plumbing.. Getting there with a few side trips. Had to mount the X axis ball nut. It was so out of square that I machined 2 new holes instead of trying to use the existing 4 holes. (also made it easier to mount with the oil plumbing.)

Checked clearance with the table...

Another view.

Comment

Good enough.. (if it works)

Comment

Ran some oil through the saddle. Checking the flow. These are bijur flow regulators I got off eBay. I think they will work great. I slid the y axis on and it slides very easy on the film of oil.

Sam

(These are not made for 4mm tubing - but I found out the pressed in reducer removes easy. I just need to be careful that the tube doesn't protrude too far into the regulator - they don't flow then.. )

Comment

Things like this - the x axis stepper mount was getting in the way of the oil fittings.

So - snip snip here and there...

Getting things lined up pretty good. The really sucky thing is the table is slightly narrower than the saddle. (you can see the the ways and oil troughs) No one knows the story behind that goof. I plan on grafting an aluminum piece that bolts to the table to extend it over the ways. (mainly I want the oil to mostly stay under the table.)

Comment

Without going past the ways - it looks like travel will be 10" x 7-3/8" X 10-5/8" (XYZ)

Comment

1/2 done. Went suprisingly smooth...

Comment

Working...
                                X