No announcement yet.

Small mill project (SMP)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is going to work well to fix the table width/way issue.

Comment

That looks about the right sort of size for mounting a DRO scale. Could you kill two birds with one stone?

Comment

Originally posted by Cenedd View Post
        That looks about the right sort of size for mounting a DRO scale. Could you kill two birds with one stone?
        heh - yes. Don't think I really need scales. This mill is run with steppers. Feedback would be nice but overkill for a mill this size.

sam

Comment

Some quick tests...

Comment

Nice,what size steppers/drivers are you running?
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Very cool. BTW is your re-plumbed oiling system automatically activated or manually triggered?
              Joe

Comment

That looks great! Are there any concerns about the plastic oil tubing fracturing from all that movement?

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I really don't know the steppers - I have not looked them up. They have integrated thrust bearings with pre-load. (so the stepper is the ball screw support)

The stepper controller is a leadshine mx3660. the current is set to 5.35A and 2000 steps per rev.

Originally posted by wierdscience View Post
                  Nice,what size steppers/drivers are you running?

Comment

It will be automatically triggered. I still have to buy one - I borrowed one of my fathers. The one that came was it was manual and didn't work well..

Originally posted by Joe Rogers View Post
                    Very cool. BTW is your re-plumbed oiling system automatically activated or manually triggered?
                    Joe

Comment

The only ones that move are the ones that supply the saddle and Z head manifolds. Not to worried about them.

Originally posted by danlb View Post
                      That looks great! Are there any concerns about the plastic oil tubing fracturing from all that movement?

Dan

Comment

sorry about the quality...

Comment

Looks like the nose of the spindle will be 3 inches above the table.. I think that will be just fine.

Comment

Thank goodness for soft limits...

Comment

I brought my four year old son into the shop while milling my receiver. He started cranking the handles while I was drilling.

Comment

Going to re-use the z axis way cover. I needed to add a extention to the ways so the accordion wouldn't get caught.

Another exciting video...
                                Last edited by skunkworks; 09-21-2018, 09:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X