Question about Clic-R Hose Clamp Pliers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about Clic-R Hose Clamp Pliers

On Clic-R hose clamp pliers I realize that the pliers are turned over 180° to lock and unlock these types of clamps but what is the function of the inner notch and projection on these plies?

Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
    Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Just a guess, looks like it may be to stake the clamp making it non openable.
    “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

Thanks Dave but I kind of doubt it, first of all why and secondly how would you get it in there?

Comment

Maybe from the side? I really have no clue. Was just a guess. Probably should have followed my own advice. "When you don't know wtf you're talking about, maybe you should shut up". Some one, who's name escapes me at the moment, put it more succinctly: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt".
        “I know lots of people who are educated far beyond their intelligence”

Lewis Grizzard

Comment

its the instructions

Comment

Originally posted by Dave C View Post
            Maybe from the side? I really have no clue. Was just a guess. Probably should have followed my own advice. "When you don't know wtf you're talking about, maybe you should shut up". Some one, who's name escapes me at the moment, put it more succinctly: Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, than to speak up and remove all doubt".
            Hey Dave, don't beat yourself up too bad, ya gave it stab and that did get me thinking. No harm in trying, nothing ventured nothing gained.
            I appreciate the input!

Originally posted by gambler View Post
            its the instructions
            This was my first thought as well but I thought that the pliers had way to many features added for what should be simple instructions. But yeah I can see that adding a lot of visual cues and physical features is often needed when dealing with the general public. Better to err on the side of caution than to be chastised for selling a tool that folks don't know how to use properly.

Thanks guys.

Comment

My first thought was that it could somehow reshape a tweaked band end, but I see no way of that being accomplished. A guess is that they are trying to add versatility to the tool by including a crimper for regular old electrical crimp connectors.

Comment

Working...
              X