Big hydrauliclly powered syringe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big hydrauliclly powered syringe

Today I started building a big syringe. The syringe is 300mm long and 52mm inside diameter. I will use a hydraulic cylinder to push the piston in the syringe. All the components are pretty much finished. Now I need to build the frame and the check valve that I will put in the piston face so I can withdraw the piston/plunger without sucking back the paste I am injecting. When I get it working I will post pictures and a video.

How to become a millionaire: Start out with 10 million and take up machining as a hobby!

I'm sure my family doctor had one that size when I was a kid and had to go for "a shot".---Brian
    Brian Rupnow

Comment

That’s not a syringe that’s a mini extrusion press, change the needle for a die,
      Mark

Comment

Just what are you planning on doing to those poor sheep now?

Comment

Ahh, The Black Forest Colonic Irrigation Service is in town.

Comment

Thinking about it Milwaukee do a mastic gun that size, 18v, very good, hell of a squeeze, I used one with sausage packs fitting windows, I’m using a pump one now, not as elegant, are you going to make water wings for sheep?, or inflatable saddles.
            ( the local sex shop sells inflatable sheep, they don’t do refunds though, the shop opposite sells wellingtons too,)
            Next will be RF welding vinyl I’m sure
            Regards
            Mark

Comment

Originally posted by brian Rupnow View Post
              I'm sure my family doctor had one that size when I was a kid and had to go for "a shot".---Brian
              Reminds me of my childhood doctor: big needles, sharpened at least once a year. Who could imagine one-time use micro-fine hypodermic needles?

Comment

Working...
              X