X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Worlds most expensive Chevy Nova? OT

What am I not getting here?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=6172

I know I sold my 71 camaro too cheap now.

David...

Comment

I think he forgit to put the decimal point after the $10999.

Comment

naw - he meant cents, not dollars. I can tell because he got the , every three figures.

Comment

Yea, I think he missed a decimal point. Wonder what the listing fee would be on that? Nice car though. By the description, I bet he has over $7k in the engine alone. That's a rare car in these parts.

Here's a 63 Nova SS I did for a customer about five years ago. He sold it a few months back for $23,000. You can't tell in the pic but it has an all tubular race chassis. The slicks in back get turned by a 671 assisted 454. The NOS tank sits in the trunk. He used it for a daily driver.

Comment

Ken- what part of Texas you in (if you don't mind answering the question)?

Comment

Listing fee is the same for a crazy price as it is for normal priced vehicles... NOW>>> if he gets a bid.. whoo hooo... I think there is a cap on total fees too..

I figure this yahoo is advertising his nova and accepting offers from all who are not 12 years old. With ebay you get a lot of underage bidders.

Nice car, not perfect. Worth about 10-20k... My opinion...

David..

Comment

Ken, nice job on the '63. I'll bet that thing is an animal!!
                Check out the '64 I am working on.

http://www.geocities.com/gm69camaro/classic_blue.html

Gordon

Comment

Mi gosh. I had no dea that these old cars could bring so much.

No wonder I find myself being chased around town by people waving handfuls of green when I drive my old stock '70 chevelle hardtop.

I'm getting rid of it next year, tired of driving a manual shift in the nightmarish traffic in the Bay area. I wonder what it's worth.
                  O

Comment

Well, your 70 Chevelle is about 4 years newer. So I'd start the bidding at about $1.5 Million ;-)

Comment

I see he's revised the listing to the correct price of $10,999.00.

Roger
                      Any products mentioned in my posts have been endorsed by their manufacturer.

Comment

Well i think that the nova is worth that. I wouldn't pay it but it is worth that. There is a lot of hard work behind the scenes. The Car is almost 40 years old.

My neighbour is a corvette man. That is all he does. He buys, fixes and sells them at Carlisle or any where else someone will pay his price.

GM 69 Camaro nice page. Love the pics

Spkrman15

Comment

OK Ken,

You sell it, we'll split the take. Now what can you do for my '64 Econoline bus, a good running car.

Oscar
                          O

Comment

Crypto...

THEM econolines are Light, best I remember about 2200-2600 lbs with v8.. I built one in the 70's that would sure surprise people at stoplights. Mid engine too, hook up traction. 100hp falcon driveline thou, gotta build a axle.

I sure wish I had one to play with, if ya was local I'd swap ya a clean 54 ford mainline.(car)..

David.

Comment

Dave,

You've got a good memory. Factory manual says 2464 to 2700lbs.

A year old when I got it. It's on its 2nd 170 motor, must have close to 300,000 miles on it by now. Runs like a top. Great for city driving, it's unkempt appearance keeps these insane immigrant drivers backed off and honest at arterial stops.
                              O

Comment

Working...
                              X