Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OT - Recovery is a PITA but it beats the alternative.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT - Recovery is a PITA but it beats the alternative.

Not that anyone cares but I've been off the forum for a while. Went to the ER on July 2nd and promptly received four pints of blood. Spent two days in ICU and prepping for a GI bleed fix. Received another three pints of blood and spent another couple of days in a different ICU getting ready for the next operation. It seems being low on blood pushed my aortic valve (with a murmur) past its life. All the heart arteries and other valves were good. On July 9th, I went into surgery and they replaced my failing aortic valve with a bovine tissue valve. The next day I was able to get out of bed and stand. By the 11th, I was walking the halls in the ICU wing. I was discharged on Friday the 13th! My in-home PT nurse should be here tomorrow but I'm already walking the driveway circle and to the barn (shop). I'm not supposed to lift more than 5 pounds or raise my arms above shoulder height so machine work is out for a while.

get well soon.
    san jose, ca. usa

Comment

I had wondered why no posts. Take your time so you get full recovery.

Comment

Glad your fixed up, take care of yourself.
        Mark

Comment

Been down that road 5 years ago. Keep up the walking and don't overdo it. it took 6 months to get back to my old self.
          Take care and get well.
          Glenn Bird

Comment

Heal up, soon you can give er again..

Comment

Sorry to hear the problems, glad to hear you are on the mend. JR

And FYI. In the future make sure your dentist knows about the valve. My good machinist friend died from an infected bovine valve after some major dental work. He didnt know there could be an issue.
              Last edited by JRouche; 07-19-2018, 03:40 PM.
              My old yahoo group. Bridgeport Mill Group

https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/...port_mill/info

Comment

sorry to hear it, hopes for a speedy recovery

Comment

Glad to hear that they caught it in time. Yeah, it's a PITA but if you follow the PT faithfully you will end up in better shape than you've been in years.

Dan
                  At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and extra parts.

Comment

I care. Damn, I care about all of us old guys. Get better soon. Stay away from bulls.---Brian
                    Brian Rupnow

Comment

Get well soon! Wonder if your valve will like bacon?

Comment

Get well soon! Right now, you're blood is more someone else than you At least for a few days...

Comment

Glad you are doing better, get well soon.

Comment

Good news that you're doing better. I'm hoping to stay operation-free for 2018. I've averaged 1 a year since hip replacement in 2013. I have so much metal in my body that I might be a good (semi) mobile lightning rod! I also have to take antibiotics before dental work. Best wishes for a swift and complete recovery
                            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
                            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
                            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Glad to hear you're on the mend. Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Working...
                              X