OT- David Blane (Blaine?) levitates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT- David Blane (Blaine?) levitates

Saw this guy on TV a while back. Can anyone tell me how this guy floats in the air and all the other stuff he does? Can't figure it out.It seems pretty freaky though. Everytime he floats he always makes the people stand a few feet away in front of him. On a stage you could hide some sort of lifting device but he does this on the street anywhere.

Maybe he eats lots of beans?This could also explain why the people stand away

Some of his stuff is kinda neat,but the rest is,well dorky,I could sit in a block of ice for three days,big deal

Me,I like David Cooperfield,well not him,but his female assistants
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Ya maybe a lot of beans... that would explain why he is so tired out afterwards.

Comment

I've seen that guy do some amazing things. However he does it he sure does pull it off. One of the TV shows where he was doing magic tricks on the street was fun to watch mostly because of the looks on peoples faces, and some of them got really freaked out.

-Matt

Comment

Hmm, perhaps I should go fetch that book, "Inside David Blaines magic"

Comment

There have been many people do apparently impossible things, and levitation is one of them. I haven't seen this guy, but no matter. I like to believe that all things are possible, broadly speaking, and that we humans are able to come to understand how what's seemingly magic can actually happen. The look on people's faces when they see with their own eyes an impossibility just says 'I can't believe that'. It scares people and they have some kind of panic attack in their minds. Their sensibilities have been attacked. In reality, so many things are now understood which in the past were thought to be evil or whatever. Many people paid with their lives for demonstrating these things. But many previously 'magical' things have come to be understood, and in fact a layman could now explain them in normal language. Those things never were impossible. As I see it, it boils down to having an open mind, and allowing yourself the possibility of understanding something, even in the face of it's seeming impossibility. I don't like to disbelieve something just because I don't currently understand the workings of it, but I also don't like to believe in something without some measure of proof of it through logic and physics. I suppose there's a fine line there, and crossing it might land one in a sanitorium, or at least outside of one's circle of friends. There is an issue here beyond the question of whether levitation is possible, and that issue is 'are we ready to be enlightened?'. You sure can tell by the look on some people's faces that they're definitely not. If this guy is actually levitating and not using a trick of some kind, then I stand ready to learn about how it's done. But of course, if there's a pole of some kind involved, or a gaseous discharge causing sufficient vertical pressure, that would explain it. I think I'll go look this guy up on the net and check out what he's done.
            I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

It's a clever illusion and it is for sale. Buy it here, or not.

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/king.htm
              Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

I believe it is a trick of the eye that depends entirely on the angle of the viewer. The viewer must see one foot a few inches above the ground, and a part of the other shoe, either the toe or the heel held at the same height. A flexible shoe probably helps.

I could be wrong.

Comment

Evan did you read what is says in the add for the video that tells all "both feet are seen to lift of the gound" clearly they actually don't.
                  I thik this is done with a shoe which he can stand on his tip toes while he makes people stand back and they see the back of his shoes rise not all round this appears to be levitation but in actuality just clevery designed shoes Alistair
                  Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

How about a parlor trick from the 1800's...

One person sits, four press down on his/her head for about a minute by watch, then each takes one finger under knees, armpits and person floats for about ten seconds..

Lifting, well you feel no pressure on your finger.. floating, it is strange, you feel no pressure anywhere.

The human spine working vertically is a near engineering impossibility without some kind of support. IN Tau Chi you imagine a string holding your head upright.. My back quits hurting during this.. WHY?
                    When I was a kid I dreamed of flying, a motorcycle is the closest I have came to it.

SOrry, I don't have answers, just more questions..

------------------
                    David Cofer, Of:
                    Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Comment

However he does it, it IS an illusion. There is some mechanical means at play here. It is just up to you to figure it out. Also keep in mind that he has a LOT of schills in the audience.
                      OT but interesting non the less. If we are REALLY being visited by beings from another planet, who are vastly more intelligent than us, why do they choose to communicate through fields of grain?

Comment

Rusty:

I think the grain - crop circles are the product of sexually frustrated college kids..

HA.. I never made a crop circle, I feel so relieved..

you never really know tho? they may be watching you right now.. hmm.. if the paranoia fits, join the "wrap your head in tin-foil" crowd. (Ha, just teasing) . Personally as a worker ant who has to pay his child-support and taxes I have to go do some work and don't have the time to investigate fully.. We may all be a cosmic experiment.

If they land in the hills around here, they better be careful, I saw deliverance.. Slap WHOOO_EEEEEEE "sQueal like a pig" alien scream... They won't never come back HEAH...

------------------
                        David Cofer, Of:
                        Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Comment

Dave if I laid down in the grass I would soon make a crop circle Alistair
                          Please excuse my typing as I have a form of parkinsons disease

Comment

Don't tell us to buy it, tell us how it's done. We know it's a trick. I don't care who's fun we are ruining. Explain!

Paul A.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Evan:
                            It's a clever illusion and it is for sale. Buy it here, or not.

http://www.ellusionist.com/order/king.htm
                            </font>
                            Paul A.
                            SE Texas

Make it fit.
                            You can't win and there IS a penalty for trying!

Comment

Dave.
                              You're right. The modern version of cow tipping. Personally I think It's one of the greatest hoaxes ever pulled off. I get a kick out of the 'experts' trying to explain it away.LOL

BTW. Do you know of any plans or drawings for springer front ends?

Comment

Working...
                              X