O/T Indian Larry Dies in accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O/T Indian Larry Dies in accident

I myself am not as big a motorcycle enthusiast as some on the board are. Those that are, and those interested in the "chopper" shows on Discovery Channel may or may not be aware that Indian Larry, according to newspaper accounts, has died from injuries received when he was standing on his moving motorcycle at a show on Monday in Charlotte NC. The article I am looking at does not really say too much about what actually happened, except "the motorcycle went left and Larry fell to the right".

[This message has been edited by ERBenoit (edited 09-01-2004).]
    Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

I sometimes watch the show, but don't know the names. Who was Indian Larry? Is he one of the young guys the old man is always yelling at?

Comment

The shows I most often seen him on were the "Biker Build-off" shows. The show where two custom builders compete to build a bike and meet at a location in "X" amount of time. He was a custom bike builder from Brooklyn NY. in his mid 50's. Lots of tattoos.
      Paying Attention Is Not That Expensive.

Comment

That's a damned shame. From what I've read and heard, he was well respected not only as a builder of custom motorcycles, but as a good guy as well.

Comment

Indian larry was the king of the chopper IMHO. I am still a little stunned at his passing. He died as he lived with NO FEAR, I will honor him the best way I know how I will do some work on the custom bike I am building then I will go for a long ride.
          ride on Larry

Comment

Indian Larry was one of the few genuine chopper builders in the nation. I don't follow the television shows but I know Indian Larry goes way back to the early days of chopping and custom built bikes. I'm sorry to hear he's dead. He was one-of-a-kind and reportedly a real nice guy.

Comment

A real nice guy?
              Larry did time for armed robbery.

His bikes are surely a matter of taste. Sissy bars and peanut tanks are not my style that's for sure.

Comment

Well one thing is for certain, im not surprised about it.
                Keep doing that crap long enough, its going to catch up with you, just like that rock climber who didnt use ropes. SPlat.

Comment

Yeah, but when he did the armed robbery he was real nice about it...

Comment

Yeah, I know dogs that wag their tails when they see you because they are happy to bite you.
                    Free software for calculating bolt circles and similar: Click Here

Comment

Most of us have history, some more colourfull than others.
                      The more important thing is was he learning the lessons of life and improving , if not, then criticise away.
                      I don`t know this Larry, but if his life story is one of achievement and self improvement then that should be applauded; Cos there are many who travel the other road and descend to base.
                      RE: the armed robbery, was he one armed or did he have both on him at the time? :

[This message has been edited by speedy (edited 09-01-2004).]
                      Ken.

Comment

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by kenc:
                        A real nice guy?
                        Larry did time for armed robbery.
                        </font>
                        So I guess we should ignore the thirty plus years that have passed since then, during which time he has been a productive member of the community, and built a successful business with several employees.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I am told he was the one In Daytona shaking hands.

I think it is a shame, it is true, take enough chances and sooner or later fate will deal you a card you really didn't want. Be it not wearing kevlar gloves, or grinding without glasses or using a speedcut wheel, or standing on your harley.. perhaps the wind will blow? Perhaps pride won't let you not put forth a personna of invuneribilty. (even thou you know how it is going to turn out)

I lost that kind of pride a long time ago.. I ain't bullet proof and it has been proven to me. I wear my saftey glasses and gloves when I need to and no longer stand up on the tanks/seat. Nomore do I ride the white line at 120mph. I have been to enough funerals.

Yes I have flown through the air trying to figure out where my harley went.. I had it right here..

------------------
                            David Cofer, Of:
                            Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Comment

http://www.indianlarry.com/

RIP Indain Larry
                              Wants his own machines bad!

Comment

Working...
                              X