Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Millmans back - and he's better than ever!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Millmans back - and he's better than ever!

    Some guys get banned from the forum and it destroys them - other guys find the courage to become a champion... never would have guessed he had it in him...


    https://www.yahoo.com/news/roger-fed...064835372.html

  • #2
    I miss millman. There's just something about a mean, nasty comedic force that hits the funny bone.
    in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

    Comment


    • #3
      Like that wicked old grandpa that walks past you and slaps you a good one up-side the head and before you can say "what did you do that for?" he's poking his thumb out between his two fingers saying "I got your nose" lol

      Comment


      • #4
        I have to admit, I really do miss the Millman and Iowolf "era" ~13 years ago. I remember lots of sore chest muscles from uncontrollable laughing and lots of liquid damaged keyboards.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
          I miss millman. There's just something about a mean, nasty comedic force that hits the funny bone.
          Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
          Like that wicked old grandpa that walks past you and slaps you a good one up-side the head and before you can say "what did you do that for?" he's poking his thumb out between his two fingers saying "I got your nose" lol
          You guys have nailed his persona to a T.
          I miss him as well, you always knew where you stood when dealing with him and I respect that.
          He had a lot of practical knowledge and skill, I hope he is still doing well.
          Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
          Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

          Location: British Columbia

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
            I have to admit, I really do miss the Millman and Iowolf "era" ~13 years ago. I remember lots of sore chest muscles from uncontrollable laughing and lots of liquid damaged keyboards.
            I remember that guy, I don't think there was a post he made that didn't have something negative in it. And then there was Airsmith. They might not have advanced machining much, but man, they had their entertaining moments!
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

            Comment


            • #7
              Ah, I had to lookup one of the classics. Anyone else remember this thread?

              OT: Will the plane take off?

              http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...plane-take-off

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
                I remember that guy, I don't think there was a post he made that didn't have something negative in it. And then there was Airsmith. They might not have advanced machining much, but man, they had their entertaining moments!
                Yeah, Airsmith was always good for a laugh or a groan.!
                Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan, Canada

                Comment


                • #9
                  I found IOWOLF over on Thingiverse.

                  https://www.thingiverse.com/IOWOLF/designs

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I felt sorry for Airsmith, for his terrible grammar and inability to comprehend what a spell checker is. His machining knowledge was almost as good as his spelling.
                    The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

                    Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

                    Southwestern Ontario. Canada

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                      I felt sorry for Airsmith, for his terrible grammar and inability to comprehend what a spell checker is. His machining knowledge was almost as good as his spelling.
                      You know he never really bothered me that much - i know he was "out there" but at least he wasn't a *ick about it,

                      I get the feeling he got the axe because he caused about as much distraction as a one legged grasshopper in a red ant hill, poor kid never stood a chance...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        And for different reasons, I also miss Thud(?), David Coffer(?), Hofman(?)

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I never like banning people (well, most people), but airsmith was really not a fun one. There were so many people that jumped on him that I was faced with the fact that to stop the train wreck that was occurring on a regular basis, I had to ban the victim of the pile on. It got the job done, but was not the way I wanted to go about it.
                          George
                          Traverse City, MI

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by George Bulliss View Post
                            I never like banning people (well, most people), but airsmith was really not a fun one. There were so many people that jumped on him that I was faced with the fact that to stop the train wreck that was occurring on a regular basis, I had to ban the victim of the pile on. It got the job done, but was not the way I wanted to go about it.
                            I just looked up airsmith on youtube yesterday and couldn't find him.
                            OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

                            THINK HARDER

                            BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

                            MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by George Bulliss View Post
                              I never like banning people (well, most people), but airsmith was really not a fun one. There were so many people that jumped on him that I was faced with the fact that to stop the train wreck that was occurring on a regular basis, I had to ban the victim of the pile on. It got the job done, but was not the way I wanted to go about it.
                              I really did sense that about your reasoning GB, he was not an instigator and he tried to live and let live but it's just his way of doing things were somewhat detached,,, I really did not even see him get too heated except maybe towards the end when it seemed like he was getting ganged up on pretty bad and he may have started lashing out as futile as it was, FWIW I took a step back from most all of that I did not feel good about him getting picked on like he did without a break and did not want to add to it...

                              I hope he's regrouped and is doing well...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X