No announcement yet.

emco v13 question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are those wings placed such that they would stop the tailstock from getting close enough to the compound to hit it? Many times I have been industrially turning some feature close the tailstock and found my cross feed was pushing the compound into the tailstock casting.

If this was to keep the tailstock from interfering, the slope of the wings would serve to prevent a 'pinch' hazard as the two parts come together.

Just guessing.

Dan
    At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

The first time that I have seen that. My machine does not have those.
      The tail stock will slide between those wings as they are virtually flush with the saddle casting.
      That must be one of the funny things that Emco seems to have made, like the OP's lathe with a huge gap in the bed.

Werner

Comment

I wonder if those might be designed to engage a cam somewhere. They are sheet metal (judging from the picture) so they are not going to exert a lot of pressure.
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
        X