VFD over-voltage error (E 07)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
    Anything over 5 seconds deceleration and I get "E05" error.
    Anything under is "E07".

All with B130 on.
    E05 is a calculated thermal overload. Something isn't right.

List the parameters you have set for B05 though B023. Exactly which model SJ200 do you have and what is the plate rating (current) from your motor?

Comment

Ah-ha! It was you! Glad you went with the fan motor connected on its own.

Did you run the Auto Tune for the motor?

Also, you can't run DC injection with a resistor stop. At least on my VFDs you can't. The DC injection will trip the resistor stop with "an external load". (I'm guessing at your ER codes.)
      Last edited by CCWKen; 09-09-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lakeside53 View Post
        E05 is a calculated thermal overload. Something isn't right.

List the parameters you have set for B05 though B023. Exactly which model SJ200 do you have and what is the plate rating (current) from your motor?
        B05 = 0.0
        B12 = 8.2 (also the current rating on the motor plate)
        B13 = 01
        B21 = 01
        B22 = 16.50
        B23 = 30.0

Model # SJ200-022NFU-2
        Len

Comment

Think B12 = FLA is messing you up. The mill for sure exceeds the FLA during spool up to high speeds in highest vari-drive setting, ad 115% isn't much. Either increase it to the invert rating (not motor) or turn it off for testing your deceleration issue. Also.. Try setting B021 to 02.

Comment

Pardon my ignorance; "FLA" and "invert rating"?
            Len

Comment

FLA= full load amperes....... current at full load.

Invert..... inverter, the VFD................ let current go to the VFD rating instead setting to of a lower limi, so that it will not limit early. That means it is not telated to the motor current, and can fry the motor, but will not shut down as much.
              CNC machines only go through the motions

Comment

Well, thanks for clearing up the jargon!
                However, you leave me wondering what the personality quirk is called that drops a turd in the punch bowl without offering a hint as to avoiding it.

"FRY THE MOTOR"?!
                Gee, what's the down side here, JT?
                Just bein' a Sunday night smartass or do you, in fact, have something helpful in mind?
                Len

Comment

Think B12 = FLA is messing you up. The mill for sure exceeds the FLA during spool up to high speeds in highest vari-drive setting, ad 115% isn't much. Either increase it to the invert rating (not motor) or turn it off for testing your deceleration issue. Also.. Try setting B021 to 02.
                  If I'm reading the manual correctly it shows 4.5 under "Rated capacity (kVA)".
                  So I can go to 9.675 from 8.2?
                  Len

Comment

Originally posted by QSIMDO View Post
                    Well, thanks for clearing up the jargon!
                    However, you leave me wondering what the personality quirk is called that drops a turd in the punch bowl without offering a hint as to avoiding it.

"FRY THE MOTOR"?!
                    Gee, what's the down side here, JT?
                    Just bein' a Sunday night smartass or do you, in fact, have something helpful in mind?
                    Exactly what I said.

If the settings that actually offer motor protection do not work for the situation, and you set them up higher to make it work better, then the risk is there.

This assumes, as it appears, that the VFD is rated for higher current than the motor.

It's fine to use settings higher than the motor can accept, as long as you understand the tradeoff of losing motor protection. If the VFD is rated for more current output than the motor can take longer term, then the motor can be overloaded, i.e. fried, because nothing is holding the current down to the motor rated limit.

That is what a motor control does... all the heaters etc in old school protectors. So setting the limits up above motor FLA is generally like using the wrong heaters in the protector, or no motor protector at all, depending. You can DO it, but you have to take a bit more care.

So, yes, I have, like, a point that was intended to be helpful (assuming you cared) in what I said. A warning (which you might not care about) and not a turd in the punchbowl. More like "look out, there is aturd alreadyin the punchbowl".

Don't worry, I won't make the mistake of trying to be helpful again......
                    Last edited by J Tiers; 09-10-2018, 11:47 PM.

Comment

Perhaps if you weren't so cavalier and presumptive?
                      Anyone reading this can see I've many leagues below my keel and need clear and concise explanations.
                      You're not jousting with Evan.
                      Len

Comment

Most BP type mills in the USA have no motor protection and do just fine. Adding a vfd just makes it "harder" as the vfd is trying to protect the motor, but the motor is effectively overloaded each to it spools up anyhow... but the duty cycle of the "overload" is low.

Comment

Most BP type mills in the USA have no motor protection and do just fine. Adding a vfd just makes it "harder" as the vfd is trying to protect the motor, but terloadhe motor is effectively overloaded each to it spools up anyhow... but the duty cycle of the "overload" is low.
                          Every motor is overloaded when starting (unless on a vfd). As you say, the start is short.

But if you stall it, you can have trouble.

With a vfd, the start can be made slow enough that the overload is so minimal as not to be an issue. So if there is a start problem, you may find a best start rate that will not trip the VFD.

The best start rate may not be the slowest, it often is not.

Comment

How does startup influence the problem of overload on shutdown?

Not looking to discuss theory here because...I can't.
                            Just want to know if I'm overlooking something.
                            Len

Comment

OK, I disabled the dynamic braking function and...no alarms or errors.

Runs and shuts down fine.

I have no problem with the way it's performing now but, is that due to ignorance from inexperience?

Is there some glaring reason I'm missing to have the spindle slam to a halt?

Can I return the pricey brake resistor I just ordered?
                              Len

Comment

Are you making smoke with that thing yet?

Comment

Working...
                                X