elect. ,motor wiring

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• elect. ,motor wiring

help, it is a 3/4 house and had six wires coming out of it, T-1 on, I need it on 110 volts and to turn clock wise looking at the shaft end, help affreciated, thanks, Joe Guidry

------------------

Howdy..

better post a picture, your description is kinda vague.

------------------
    David Cofer, Of:
    Tunnel Hill, North Georgia

Comment

Assuming it's 3 phase

I had a similar problem on my mill motor when I converted "star" to "delta".

Using a meter or bulb and battery,touch the end of one wire,touch each other wire untill one makes a circuit.

1) Call the first wire you make a circuit with "U" and the other wire "U1"
      2) Next matching pair, call "V" and "V1"
      3) Final matching pair, call "W" and "W1"

Connect "U" to "V1"
      Connect "V" to "W1"
      Connect "W" to "U1"

You will now have three connections,swap any two of these over to reverse the motor.

This was the advice given to me by John Stevenson.

Allan

Comment

When you get the 3phase motor to run on 110 volt single phase, please send me a picture.

I am interested. I have saw 3ph motors run on single phase 220 (with help), never 110, thou each leg is 110 to ground/neutral. Or 110 x 2=220

Perhaps it is a motor w/ black, white, red, blue, black cap wire, black cap wire. ? A single phase motor?

Need more information please. Perhaps 30 years in the electrical field are not enough. I am always willing to learn more.

------------------
        David Cofer, Of:

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 09-07-2004).]

Comment

A lady once told me about a real good electrician, I listened to her for about ten minutes ramble on about what a real good electrician he was, I knew this guy was unlicensed and really dangerous.

I interupted her finally and asked her, "has your house burned down yet?" She answered with a scared look in her eye.. "NO" I said gee, he is a good electrician and walked off.

Experimenting with electricity can take your house, your belongings, your life and not take prisoners. A simple arc flash can burn your eyes out for life. The last thing you ever see.

Say as you play, I have walked through the valley of death, I touch no untested wires, I make no connections I am not sure of, I trust my life to my being careful, I trust my spirit to god and my fingers to my skill.

Lets have some georgia breakfast.. whoo hoo..

------------------
          David Cofer, Of:

Comment

Good!What are we having?
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

V8 and stale beer.. I strained the flies and cigarette butts out first..

)

Comment

Working...
              X