Up lock valve on horizontal bandsaw saves blades and sanity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Up lock valve on horizontal bandsaw saves blades and sanity

It takes two hands to raise my Kalamazoo, bandsaw one hand to raise it and the other hand to close the feed valve to make it stay up .If you are cutting thin stock and open the valve to quickly you will rip the teeth out of your blade My new combination valve is a handle to raise the saw and at the same time it closes off the return line and the saw stays up. After you advance your stock you just flip the red handle down and it starts cutting, retaining The feed rate that is set by the feed valve, in other words you never reset your feed valve unless you are changing to a different type of stock here are some pictures it was an easy conversionAnd saves A lot of aggravation Edwin Dirnbeck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Edwin Dirnbeck; 09-14-2018, 01:39 PM.

Great idea!

That looks like one heck of a handle. Looks like two pieces joined with epoxy?
    Paul A.
    SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
    You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Nice addition. My chinese band saw has already lock up valve but what I would really like to have also is a quick feed valve so when you are lowering the bandsaw closer to stock it wouldn't take half a year unless you fiddle with the feed rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
        Great idea!

That looks like one heck of a handle. Looks like two pieces joined with epoxy?
        It is a piece of waterpipe with a large steel ball silver soldered on the end.I just filled the pipe with RTV and jammed the valve handle in and let it harden.Edwin Dirnbeck

Comment

The update was brilliant but a glued-together handle? Come-On! What's all that expensive shop equipment for?

Comment

It had a weird shape ball end die cast handle once rtv hardened up it will last forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Combining the valve with the lift handle is pretty clever. One of those things that seems so obvious, but I never thought of it.
              Nice work!

Comment

Working...
              X