No announcement yet.

What kind of collets do I have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, the clue on practical machinist was best so far..
    Apparently the type is Q24 16, google with "q24 collet" and you will find some exotics sellers and many others wondering what the hell these are and if the are aailable from somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by ahidley View Post
      Larry. On mine the collet nut has a goofy hole that holds the collet. You have to cock it sideways and slip it into the nut. Once the collet is "in" the nut. The nut will remove the collet from the tapered bore by unscrewing it. If you don't slip the collet into that groove then the endmill will wobble.
      Thats exactly how the AF collets work. Family coming over today so Ill try to get to measuring when they are gone. JR

Comment

Now I think we are getting somewhere. I went to the Alibaba web site and found one of the Q24-16 sets that showed dimensions.
        The diameter was 24mm which is very close to what mine measured and the include angle is shown as 10°.
        I just check the included angle on one of mine and again it is very close to 10°.
        So I think we can say we have Q24 collets.
        Thanks Matti J.
        Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Tools and gizmo';s has a superb spec sheet as well as being a good supplier.
          http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs/AF_Collet.html

The above shows the Kwik-Switch collet dimensions
          They have others at
          http://www.tools-n-gizmos.com/specs.html

rich
          Green Bay, WI

Comment

It appear that the Q24 collets are only available in collet chuck sets, so if that is the case then it would probably be better to buy an ER collet chuck set then the replacement collets are readily available almost everywhere.
            Larry - west coast of Canada

Comment

Originally posted by ahidley View Post
              JR. Your link requires membership in order to view..
              Yes.. No spam either. JR

Comment

Working...
              X