Dividing head project finished

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dividing head project finished

Here are a couple of pics of my converted dividing head. I actually started this project with Sir John, but for obvious reasons that never worked out completely.
    So, I worked with a fellow here at work to do the programming of the Arduino.
    I have no immediate need for it, but have in the past so I thought i'd get it finished up. I'm looking forward to cutting some gears for something.

Sid

Very nice Sid,

Did you make the bases and did you have drawings for the dividing head? Do you have any build photos you could share?

Ron

Comment

Originally posted by nc5a View Post
      Very nice Sid,

Did you make the bases and did you have drawings for the dividing head? Do you have any build photos you could share?

Ron
      This is a conversion of an L-W dividing head. I just made the adapter for the stepper and mods to the input shaft. Not a from scratch build!

Sid

Comment

Very nice looking conversion. I've got a little dividing head like that. Hmmm.
        "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
          Very nice looking conversion. I've got a little dividing head like that. Hmmm.
          Well, I have the drawing for the adapter, should you need inspiration.

Sid

Comment

Pretty neat job. What is the accuracy of it??

JL..................

Comment

Nice work, as always.

Comment

Originally posted by sid pileski View Post
                Well, I have the drawing for the adapter, should you need inspiration.

Sid
                I might take you up on that. As my now deceased mentor used to say, "It looks hell for stout."

You mention Arduino programming. Did you go from the project in Village Press or did you roll your own?

Jan
                "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

nicely done.....a very useful device.
                  in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Originally posted by john hobdeclipe View Post
                    Nice work, as always.
                    +1. Everything this man makes is pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
                      I might take you up on that. As my now deceased mentor used to say, "It looks hell for stout."

You mention Arduino programming. Did you go from the project in Village Press or did you roll your own?

Jan
                      The fellow I worked with started from scratch. I did point to some information in the Model Engine Makers forum. I think he may have gained some insight from there, but this is what he does.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLee View Post
                        Pretty neat job. What is the accuracy of it??

JL..................
                        As I said, I haven't cut any gears yet, so that much I don't know. However, I did do a rudimentary test by just using an angle block and an indicator. In that test, it was spot on.
                        What I'm more impressed with, is the B&S #9 .500 collet I bought from some supplier on amazon, had ~ .0005 run out!
                        I need to get a collection of collets now.

Sid

Comment

Originally posted by thaiguzzi View Post
                          +1. Everything this man makes is pretty.
                          Thank you, both!!

Sid

Comment

Very nice job,I have a Tos Kurim Indexer that is designed to be gear driven from the Mill could it be powered similar to yours?

Comment

Way to go Sid! Looks good.

TTT - Do you have the table end mount and gears for it. That's so you can machine spirals. I'd like to have that universal DH but I can tell by the machine lift eye on top it's more than I can deal with right now. I can barely handle the new BS-1 dividing head I got before going into the hospital. It'll be a couple more months before I can even get it out of the drawer.

Comment

Working...
                              X