It was bound to happen.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It was bound to happen.

Received a CD in the mail today from a friend who thought I might be interested.
    On it was the first 5 copies of Model Engineers Workshop.

[EDIT] It's a very good copy as well, high res hence only 5 issues on the CD.

He bought it whilst he was overseas on a trip to the Middle East.
    I'm not saying it was done there, possibly not, possibly more like India who have a large IT presence.

So if you are reading this Neil it will pay to either jump the gun or miss out. Personally this CD doesn't matter to me as I have nearly the full set but as Nexus have no intention of reprinting I can see there being an underground demand for this.

I asked if there were any of the American mags on CD but he didn't see any model mags.
    He did see some photo mags from the 70's and bought one of these back as well for another friend.

Now before anyone goes off about copywrite etc, etc, I'm only telling it as it is.

Someone has determined there has to be a demand to go to this trouble. They can read eBay in India as well, seeing what early editions can go for is a good incentive.

John S.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 09-08-2004).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Damn, pressed quote instead of edit.

[This message has been edited by John Stevenson (edited 09-08-2004).]

Sir John , Earl of Bligeport & Sudspumpwater. MBE [ Motor Bike Engineer ] Nottingham England.

Comment

If you can build it (program it etc.,)THEY can copy it!(all sell it).
      please visit my webpage:
      http://motorworks88.webs.com/

Comment

Working...
      X