Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finsihed a construction project on the shop..guess what it was?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finsihed a construction project on the shop..guess what it was?

Just about to wrap this up.. match siding and door paint and it's done. That's the shop your looking at. Anyone hazard a guess (or maybe just remember.. think I may have posted about it last fall lol)?

does it have an inside?
    san jose, ca. usa

Comment

painted 1/8 of the clapboard a different beige? I don't know, the whole thing looks like its new - is that it, the whole thing?
      in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

It looks like maybe you changed a double garage door into a single and added a man door, possibly having walled part of it off?

Need to put the light back up too - which is no longer centered!

Comment

Joel got it.

Got rid of the pos 16" door, added the man door. It's a thousand times nicer/easier to access the shop/garage, and better insulated to boot. No wall added.

Comment

Originally posted by Mcgyver View Post
            painted 1/8 of the clapboard a different beige? I don't know, the whole thing looks like its new - is that it, the whole thing?
            That does sort of jump out at ya, doesn't it!
            Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

I say nice job. My garage/shop needs new doors and I also want some kind of combination of vehicle and person doors. I wonder if they make a combo type that would look OK on the front of my house.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Geez, now my shop looks like a woodpile. It’s beautiful.

Comment

First thing I did when putting a door on my garage (separate, at the back of the property) was to rough in he 2 car door opening for a 12' door plus a man door, and install the man door. Had the 12' door put in by a company that does that. Not at all sure I have used the 12' door this year. Man door gets used many times per day.
                  CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                  Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                  Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                  I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                  Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Alciatore View Post
                    I say nice job. My garage/shop needs new doors and I also want some kind of combination of vehicle and person doors. I wonder if they make a combo type that would look OK on the front of my house.
                    They do make shop doors with pass through/man doors incorporated into them, but they are designed more for large shops/warehouses and have other shortcomings.
                    Nice side benefit is natural light.. didn't have any before.
                    Surprisingly, there is little to no info online about converting a 16" door, and the places I talked to in town either said it couldn't be done or had no interest trying.

Comment

Originally posted by softtail View Post
                      Just about to wrap this up.. match siding and door paint and it's done.
                      Mismatch in the beige? wall color is more distracting than the door colors.

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
                        Mismatch in the beige? wall color is more distracting than the door colors.
                        Original color to left, siding primer as bought to right.. one of the clues as to what was done. I may be able to squeek out some painting here in a few days.. warm days are becoming rare. Happy enough to have the siding up and caulking done.

Comment

Happy enough to have the siding up and caulking done.
                          I bet you are ! ! ! ! It's a grand time when a big reno like that comes together and just a couple of small things are left. I'm sure you'll find a clear day to get the paint on before the bad stuff hits.
                          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

It would have been done sooner, but I had to build a shed this summer after losing some other storage I had. The retaining wall was already there.. just decided to use it as a giant footing and tuck the canoe in between.. perfect shoulder height. I wanted the shed to tie in with the house somewhat, so I copied the roofline of the garage. So nice to have a spot to stash stuff and keep the shop clean and roomy. When I took the 16' garage door down, I scabbed together some 5/8 sheathing to cover it until the new door arrived. I stashed them out back over the winter and then used them for the shed roof. These two projects account for quite a few 'what did you do today?' posts!

Last edited by softtail; 10-09-2018, 02:42 PM.

Comment

That's a lovely job of matching up the shed to the house. Far nicer than a "box" just dumped in the yard someplace.
                              Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Working...
                              X