OT: New shed was delivered/built today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: New shed was delivered/built today

My new shed was delivered and built today. They started at 7am, unloaded the wood, ply, some pre-made walls, pre-made trusses, etc. They were all done by around 4pm. I took a time-lapse video of the entire build but it's still being processed by YouTube so I'll post it a little later once they have finished processing it. It's a Reeds Ferry 24' x 14' historic colonial with extra windows, a standard door, and a 5' wide double door. The windows have screens and are really nice. It actually looks very small but when you go inside it, it feels huge. I haven't decided yet if I'm going to paint/seal the floor yet but I think I want to.

Comment

very nice, will you be insulating that?

Comment

Originally posted by gambler View Post
        very nice, will you be insulating that?
        No, it's just for storage. My shop is currently in my garage and I currently have lots of garage stuff (kids bikes, snow thrower, and many other things) that I'll move into the shed. I'll bring a 50A panel to the shed but I don't plan on working inside it.

Comment

The time-lapse video is ready on YouTube now.

Comment

Nice looking unit,that's about the size house I want after retirement with about the same size for a shop.
            I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Looked like a long way for hand carrying all the materials!
              Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

(deleted) Duplicate post.
                Lynn (Huntsville, AL)

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
                  Looked like a long way for hand carrying all the materials!
                  They had to carry everything about ~100 yards.

Comment

Looks good!
                    With all that headroom you should put a mezz in there for more storage...
                    Cheers,
                    Jon

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
                      I haven't decided yet if I'm going to paint/seal the floor yet but I think I want to.
                      You would be well served by doing so.
                      Better than just rolling the floor, get in there with an airless, a Tyvek suit and some cheap satin or semi-gloss white paint. I did the entire inside of mine and am very glad I did - still looks great 16 years later, and the white paint makes it very bright inside.

I assume you are going to put some storage on the ends, under the gables, and maybe shelves along at least one full wall.

Comment

They sure don't seem to put on shingles the way I do.... Never seen anyone run them straight up to the peak, move over, and do it again. I've always stair-stepped them.

Keep eye on ball.
                        Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Heron View Post
                          Looks good!
                          With all that headroom you should put a mezz in there for more storage...
                          Cheers,
                          Jon
                          Definitely, I'll probably put a 14' x 4' loft on each end or maybe just one will be enough. I was thinking of hanging things too from the ceiling like bikes and such.

Originally posted by Joel View Post
                          You would be well served by doing so.
                          Better than just rolling the floor, get in there with an airless, a Tyvek suit and some cheap satin or semi-gloss white paint. I did the entire inside of mine and am very glad I did - still looks great 16 years later, and the white paint makes it very bright inside.

I assume you are going to put some storage on the ends, under the gables, and maybe shelves along at least one full wall.
                          I'd like to paint the floor white too, or maybe throw down adhesive backed white vinyl tiles. I'm not sure how those will hold up though. I'm definitely going to setup lots of shelves and probably one or more lofts that span the 14'. Maybe also hang several 4'x8' sheets of peg board on the back wall too. Before I do too much, I want to get a trench dug so I can bring power and cat-6 out to the shed and setup lights and such/etc.
                          Last edited by 3 Phase Lightbulb; 10-09-2018, 10:37 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

When I lived in San Francisco, my fiance and I looked at apartments to rent in Oakland. That shed of yours is nearly identical to one place we looked at, asking 900$ a month. No parking either...

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                              They sure don't seem to put on shingles the way I do.... Never seen anyone run them straight up to the peak, move over, and do it again. I've always stair-stepped them.
                              Yes MY question how were those shingles layed ? I don't see how they could get overlaps without staggering the joints. They layed big blocks with straight edges . ???????
                              ...lew...

Comment

Working...
                              X