X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RB211 View Post
    Yeh, and my 747 will outfly a Taylorcraft
    Hee-Heee....

I know which one will do a better water landing (the other one can't do floats).... I know which one will land shorter, which one has a shorter take-off run.... which one will turn tighter........... "better" and "outfly" are relative terms.

Sure you don't want to argue about some comic book characters while you are at it? Seems about as productive.
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
      Hee-Heee....

I know which one will do a better water landing (the other one can't do floats).... I know which one will land shorter, which one has a shorter take-off run.... which one will turn tighter........... "better" and "outfly" are relative terms.

Sure you don't want to argue about some comic book characters while you are at it? Seems about as productive.
      747 pays more, but the Taylorcraft is more fun.
      Taylorcraft also doesn't require four sim sessions for recurrent with the hardest check airman in the company over the next four days either...

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

As for my ideal lathe... One with zero run out, can accurately turn to .0001, a magic chuck that can hold any workpiece perfectly, zero chatter, DRO, infinite rpm range, infinite thread pitches, seamless operation between CNC and manual.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a 1954 Sheldon exl with a 43" bed. It was used when I got it about 15 years ago. I'm a hobby metal worker so I guess that makes this a hobby lathe???
          Anyway I watch a lot f YouTube and I drool over the causing that Keith Fenner had. It is such a beast with the super heavy duty cross feed table that one can mount different things on. It's a big through hole lathe and the tracing attachment is maybe the one and only one I've seen. There are a lot of super nice lathes on YouTube for sure.
          BTW my area isn't like Alaska but machines around here are very rare to find and always expensive. Usually at least twice as much as what I'd consider reasonable and many times are 4 times as much. I paid 1200.00 for mine and got a small amount of tooling. I could easily sell it for +2k and. More with the tooling I've added

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X