• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oldtiffie??????????

????

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/...ilemaquestion/

Comment

AK, I was expecting three Wikipedia links there to establish whether he'd been tipped into that big bin in the sky - or not.
      "People will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time they will pick themselves up and carry on" : Winston Churchill

Comment

Today I found that "Old Tiffie" was a reference to the Hawker Typhoon wwII fighter-bomber.

Hope he is OK.

Dan
        At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

I was just thinking about him this morning. Wondering if he has started binning his shop yet.
          OPEN EYES, OPEN EARS, OPEN MIND

THINK HARDER

BETTER TO HAVE TOOLS YOU DON'T NEED THAN TO NEED TOOLS YOU DON'T HAVE

MY NAME IS BRIAN AND I AM A TOOLOHOLIC

Comment

Last post was 10/10/17, in the thread about the new forum software that had come out about then.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png
            Paul , P S Technology, Inc. and MrTibbs
            USA Maryland 21030

Comment

Originally posted by TGTool View Post
              AK, I was expecting three Wikipedia links there to establish whether he'd been tipped into that big bin in the sky - or not.
              I tried to find things unrelated - in keeping with his "theme" but believe it or not all the other links led back to this site and we could not have that lol

I hope he's ok too.

Comment

I wouldn't worry about it all that much considering he has done this several times here in the past.
                He posts on a regular basis for quite some time then without any warning (not that it's required) takes off for a spell.
                Has anyone tried sending him a PM?

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...-what-happened

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/thr...e-is-Oldtiffie
                Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
                Bad Decisions Make Good Stories​

Comment

Probably got tired of being $#!+ upon by certain members. Tiffie did things his way, not what other people liked, which is OK.
                  The shortest distance between two points is a circle of infinite diameter.

Bluewater Model Engineering Society at https://sites.google.com/site/bluewatermes/

Southwestern Ontario. Canada

Comment

Originally posted by loose nut View Post
                    Probably got tired of being $#!+ upon by certain members. Tiffie did things his way, not what other people liked, which is OK.
                    That's fine. He does have a bit of a way of making sure you cannot possibly miss his attitude and what "his way" is. That can be a bit much, even though we all like to put forth our opinions. He can be a bit of a bore about his "binning", you know.
                    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                      That's fine. He does have a bit of a way of making sure you cannot possibly miss his attitude and what "his way" is. That can be a bit much, even though we all like to put forth our opinions. He can be a bit of a bore about his "binning", you know.
                      something about a pot and a kettle - ugh never mind probably was nothing ...

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                        something about a pot and a kettle - ugh never mind probably was nothing ...
                        We are BOTH in that situation, my friend, you AND I. I freely admit to having opinions and making them clear.

Tiffie is always harping on that one deal of "binning", though.

I think both you and I have a bit wider range........
                        CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                        Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                        Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                        I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                        Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

I know and yes I know I am lol

Tiffer never really bothered me with anything - I just never clicked on all the wiki links after awhile so guess it never got to me as bad - some guys were outright rude to him and i did not agree with that...

as far as the "binning" thing - I don't even know what that's about, so guess maybe I had selective hearing when it came to certain things with him - and maybe it was something that would have upset me - so I give the bennie of the doubt not to just him but everyone else... is what it is...

Comment

He’s a dick, throws out perfectly good items others can use and brags about it. I always offer my stuff for the cost of shipping rather than throw away.

Comment

so that's what the "binning" is about ?

well i did not think my opinion could be rocked too much but I hate waste and inefficiency and esp. if something can be used by someone who can not afford things...

ok - yeah i do not understand his way of thinking at all... I seriously never knew about this...

Comment

Working...
                              X