Met a concrete post - car lost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Met a concrete post - car lost

I managed to cut it too fine in an underground garage. No metal displacement but a noticeable transfer of concrete to the metal. It seems to be concrete on top of the paint rather than paint scratched off. Is there a method(s) to rub off the concrete smear while minimally affecting the paint job? Better to just leave it alone?

Were you driving Hillary Clinton's car a few days ago in NJ?

Comment

Try some clay bar.

Comment

Brick and patio cleaner dissolves it(Hcl dilute)
        Your ok, that’s what counts
        Mark

Comment

Originally posted by Royldean View Post
          Were you driving Hillary Clinton's car a few days ago in NJ?
          Was that the India spy driving her van? Ya know how the Indias drive in india. Lol

Comment

I find it hard to believe that there is no damage to the paint. You must have just kissed it.

JL..............

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
              Try some clay bar.
              Clay bar works great for stuff like that. Use lots of soapy liquid and light pressure. JR

Comment

Originally posted by JRouche View Post
                Clay bar works great for stuff like that. Use lots of soapy liquid and light pressure. JR
                Nothing drives me more crazy than those tiny little road particles stuck on the clear coat.

Comment

Muriatic acid will take it right off, but is kinda ugly stuff to work with. Surprisingly, it won't hurt the paint on the car.

allan

Comment

Leave it alone. As my daughter pointed out, who will steal and/or strip a car that looks like that?
                    Duffy, Gatineau, Quebec

Comment

Get it sorted before it breeds. Just don't try to knock out the dent like Father Ted

https://youtu.be/Z4fBbhyzE9A
                      Peter - novice home machinist, modern motorcycle enthusiast.

Denford Viceroy 280 Synchro (11 x 24)
                      Herbert 0V adapted to R8 by 'Sir John'.
                      Monarch 10EE 1942

Comment

Return to the same underground garage, find a car of the same color and cut too fine around it.
                        Mike
                        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Met a deer last week - windshield and driver side mirror lost.

Everything's fixed already. Windshield the next day and mirror the day after that. Luckily there is only a very small dent in the door which is barely noticeable so no body work required. Total cost ~ $300 because I had dropped the comprehensive just last year. The damn thing hit me right in front of the driver's side windshield and then flew over the top of the car without hitting the roof. If it had gone THROUGH the windshield I'd probably be in a hospital right now or the morgue. I was moving at about 45 MPH and if the deer hadn't killed me the resulting accident probably would have.

Comment

Gave it a wash & looks a lot better. Thanks, Duffy, for a great perspective.

Comment

Working...
                            X