Rotary table id help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rotary table id help please

I picked up this 8" rotary table yesterday for $45.00. It's in very good shape BUT I may have purchased an Asian unit thinking it was usa. I don't see any manufacturer information anywhere on it. It does have two letters cast into the base and a few numbers cast into one of the slides. The quality of the bits and pieces seems far better than most chinesium that I have seen in the past. The screws that retain the gobs as well as a few other screws are USA thread so I have that going for me which is nice [emoji16].
    There is a decal above one handle that is barely perceptible. It looks like it may have been a red oval decal (Craftsman?). Any help with knowing what I have is greatly appreciated.
    Fwiw, if this buy tanks at least I got a nice 1" digital micrometer for $8.00-Mitutoyo too.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Can't help with the brand, but the dials do look a lot like Craftsman. For an 8" RT those slides look awfully slender. Overall the stiffness of that assembly would likely preclude any heavy slotting or profiling. Might be fine for bolt-circles, aluminum work etc.
    Southwest Utah

Comment

It sure looks like you might have a Palmgren RT with cross slide table for drilling. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpj2KAD1wH0

But from the underside the base really looks like this Craftsman model. All the details seem to match. http://craftsmanpowertools.top/vinta...tary_table.php

Dan
      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Craftsman or Palmgren most likely. Craftsman at least was at one time the same as a Palmgren model, but later may have been made cheaper.
        CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
        Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
        Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
        I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
        Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Probably a Palmgren made for Craftsman. The Palmgrens have the rotary part on the top, the good ones have the rotary part on the bottom, which is much more useful.
          Kansas City area

Comment

Yup, that's it. Seems like a decent purchase anyway.
            Thanks

Comment

Yes on Craftsman/Palmgren. In the first photo it is shown inverted.

Comment

I thought I had seen a picture of a Palmgren with the table on the bottom, but perhaps that was made by someone else. Looking at it upside down like that makes me wonder if a T-slotted plate could be fixed to the inverted unit, after the base had been cleaned up a bit better of course.

Comment

Huh? The rotary table has T slots in it already so?

Comment

Not on the underside.

Comment

Since no one had mentioned your $8 Mitytoyo.... YOU SUCK!

Both are nice purchases.

Dan
                      At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Working...
                      X