In Search of Smalll Bearing Puller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In Search of Smalll Bearing Puller

I need to pull a 608 bearing off a small motor shaft and am looking for bearing puller recommendations. 608 bearing od is 22mm / .866in

All I can get off is the front housing. The armature stays in the motor assembly and the bearing is recessed into the motor a bit.

So far the leading contender is https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-PRO-Tool...sh-Seal-Puller... Seems reasonable shipping time from the UK

Here is a similar tool located in the US https://www.ebay.com/itm/Jonnesway-AE310048...

I'm not in a position (time) to make a puller so purchasing a is the path.
    Any suggestions from the group?

Additional but not critical info.
    It is a 3.3in Fasco motor but unfortunately it is custom made for the application with a shorter shaft, a on/off switch, and a power chord. Over $300 US for a replacement and way too much trouble to modify a similar Fasco unit. Not too much trouble to try and replace the bearing though, particularly since I already have several 608's on hand.

I have a battery terminal puller that I have used for small bearings.

JL.....

Comment

Look in the plumbing aisle of your local hardware store, usually have a selection of small [light duty] pullers used for faucet handles etc. Very handy for small bearings.

Graham O

Comment

How about a keyhole slot in a piece of steel and press it off with a hydraulic press.
        *** I always wanted a welding stinger that looked like the north end of a south bound chicken. Often my welds look like somebody pointed the wrong end of a chicken at the joint and squeezed until something came out. Might as well look the part.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob La Londe View Post
          How about a keyhole slot in a piece of steel and press it off with a hydraulic press.
          "Recessed into the motor" (rotor?.)

Sometimes you need even this:
          http://www.skf.com/group/products/ma...kit/index.html

Comment

Being on a machining forums and not being able to make one is a disadvantage.
            You must have some tools, i am thinking..
            So if you have a vise, hammer, files propane torch, hand drill.. I think I can tell you how to make something that will work

Comment

Originally posted by MattiJ View Post
              "Recessed into the motor" (rotor?.)

Sometimes you need even this:
              http://www.skf.com/group/products/ma...kit/index.html
              That would work too. Armature is stuck in the motor so the front bearing is flush with the motor housing which prohibits me from getting behind it with a plate.

Comment

Bend two flat bars in a vise, file them to fit like claws under the bearing. Think popsicle stick size or smaller..
                Get 2 with claws, clamp or pin them to a nut, run a bolt thru nut to end of shaft and you will be pulling..

Comment

Originally posted by 754 View Post
                  Being on a machining forums and not being able to make one is a disadvantage.
                  You must have some tools, i am thinking..
                  So if you have a vise, hammer, files propane torch, hand drill.. I think I can tell you how to make something that will work
                  Would love to spend most of the weekend in the shop on a fun project however time is my main limiting factor. The repair is not critical yet. I also am trying to learn the balance of time making tools vs time spent making something else.

Comment

So what is that SKF puller holding? Is it locking into the groove in the bearing? If so, how do you get it in there?

Keep eye on ball.
                    Hashim Khan

Comment

Originally posted by J Tiers View Post
                      So what is that SKF puller holding? Is it locking into the groove in the bearing? If so, how do you get it in there?
                      The puller arm ends are balls that are flatted on 2 sides. You insert them between the bearing races with the flats facing the races, ten turn them 90 degrees.

Comment

That's spiffy! (I'll bet it is expensive too). I wonder if you could modify a couple of ball-end allen wrenches in a pinch.

Comment

I've used those on chainsaws to pull the crank bearing out.

Comment

Nice.

I bet you need a range of them to cover various bearings. $$$$$

A person could make a pair in a pinch.

Keep eye on ball.
                            Hashim Khan

Comment

Power steering pulley puller or ssimilar concept

Comment

Working...
                              X