Remember our friends in Florida!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remember our friends in Florida!

Please remember to pray for our friends in Florida,it looks like a rough go for them for the next weeks.
    I just need one more tool,just one!

Don't forget those folks in Richmond, VA. 8 dead from the flooding so far. My sister-in-law was almost a casualty; bailed out of her car then got to see it flipped down the street by the current.

Comment

Yep, Looks like it might get rough here in DeLand. It looks like we are gonna be in the wrong spot. Shut down the propane plant today and I am home for the duration. Thanks for your prayers and we will make it through.

------------------
      Jim

[This message has been edited by JIMofalltrades031 (edited 09-03-2004).]
      Jim, By the river enjoying life...

Comment

Somebody is sure watching out for us up here in Jax. Been very fortunate over the years. Saying a prayer for all of you in South and Central Florida.
        David from jax
        A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

I hope everyone down there gets through this ok.

Comment

Personally I'd leave the state and not look back. I don't care much for Florida.

I do wish them luck. Would not be any fun fishing your personals out of the ocean. Twice in 30 days..

And them Florida cheese grater bridges just scare the bejesus out of me.. Fall on one of them and see shreds of myself coming out the bottom.. Like shredded cheese..

I do wish all Floridians the best.

http://www.weather.com/maps/news/atl...dex_large.html

Humping right across Florida, South Georgia (GaMachinist home) then up thru alabama- then give me some really snasty weather on the Tuesday. I built a storm shelter here but not finished it yet. Big brother calls it a bunker..

-

[This message has been edited by ibewgypsie (edited 11-11-2005).]

Comment

Thanks to all for the prayers and good wishes. Here in Miami we are just beginning to feel some effects, but nothing too extreme. Wind gusts to possibly 35 MPH. Looks like the major part of the storm will hit farther north. At least it's now a Category 2 instead of a 4.
              I think I'll leave my shutters up for a week or so until I see what Ivan is up to. The models show it heading this way too. Florida is taking a beating this season!

Comment

I think... I'd have these real nifty functional shutters.. Some concrete ballasts maybe. All that buying plywood over and over to cover windows.

Concrete is for real, the wind don't move it when it is anchored by mass.

Our community (north georgia) is filled with Floridians in the motels..

Imagine, leaving your personals, your job, your home and going off on a forced vacation only to wonder where it hit, did it hit your home.. The suspense would make me reinforce my home.

-

Comment

Thanks for the thoughts guys. My boats are
                  tied down or pulled out of the water in Crystal River and my home and shop in Oak Hill are ready as I can get them. Have some
                  insurance but probably not enough. I really
                  like Florida and will stay no matter what.
                  Rags to riches and back to rags .... don't
                  really matter, I just enjoy the ride. The storm hasn't hit here in Oak Hill yet but
                  when it does I will be with my wife and three boys at our home.

Comment

I hope everybody in Florida is making it through Frances OK.

I've been following it on TV and online. The eye just either passed over or right by our house in Brandon.
                    I guess we'll find out how much damage in a day or two or three.

Beautiful day here in California.

Les

Comment

You people in Florida have my thoughts and prayers.
                      Guess I dont want to live in Florida.
                      Earth quakes are bad enough.
                      Charlie
                      Don\'t ask me to do a dam thing, I\'m retired.
                      http://home.earthlink.net/~kcprecision/

Comment

Gust of wind blew my hair out of alignment today. Life sure is rough. Here's my hopes for everyone being ok in those weather ravaged areas.
                        I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Managed to get thru the night without Francis destroying everything. I will have plenty of limbs to cut up later. Still running the mother in laws house across the street on my generator, but I have power since six a.m.
                          Hopefully everyone else fared as well, as we were spared another one that could have been nasty. At least some of the things that I keep trying to tell my family came to reality. They didn't think I knew what I was talking about, doing things like filling the freezer with ice, if there was any spare room. One of the freezers was almost empty, and in 4 hours the ice cream in it melted, whereas the full one never even got close to the warming up.
                          Got to go to work.
                          David from jax
                          David from jax
                          A serious accident is one that money can't fix.

Comment

Last storm track I looked at showed the remainder of the storm hitting us square on.

I got this $1800 privacy fence that they didn't sink the posts deep enough. Everything else has saw 100 mph wind gusts.

Just waiting, twiddling my thumbs..

--

Comment

Glad you fared well David.
                              Michael

Comment

Working...
                              X