This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• National Sales Tax ???

Just wondering if anyone has been hit with sales tax from any repeat suppliers that you have used.

I got my first surprise yesterday from McMaster.

JL.............

National? or State? I know that since it was opened up for states to demand sales tax from online purchases, my state has been steadily adding to the number of business that now add it to a purchase. There is no longer a requirement for 'brick and mortar' presence in a state to collect tax,
    Southwest Utah

Comment

+1 on what chipmaker says. I'm seeing ME state sales tax regularly on online purchases now.

Comment

Originally posted by chipmaker4130 View Post
        National? or State? I know that since it was opened up for states to demand sales tax from online purchases, my state has been steadily adding to the number of business that now add it to a purchase. There is no longer a requirement for 'brick and mortar' presence in a state to collect tax,
        Well, what their adding in is state sales tax now.

JL.............

Comment

If you live in Massachusetts, you have a 5.1% income tax, then they tax you another 6.25% sales tax on taxable items. And a few years ago Massachusetts started taxing income from capital gains at 12% instead of the income tax rate. Then add excise tax for registered cars/boats/etc. And of course local property taxes for your real estate/etc. They don't call it Taxachusetts for nothing

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
            If you live in Massachusetts, you have a 5.1% income tax, then they tax you another 6.25% sales tax on taxable items.
            7.25% here in Ventura County, Ca. JR

Comment

Don't you just love all those taxes?

Keep voting for them.
              Paul A.
              SE Texas

And if you look REAL close at an analog signal,
              You will find that it has discrete steps.

Comment

Working...
              X