OT daylight savings time quit whining

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
    I have a few clocks that don't change automatically and I don't bother to change them myself. I think our Sony shower radio is one. You get so used to knowing it's an hour ahead or an hour behind that it becomes natural.
    The only occasions on which I care about the time are when I have appointments ( Doctors. Dentists etc) Otherwise, why worry, I AM RETIRED ! Regards David Powell

Comment

Originally posted by David Powell View Post
      The only occasions on which I care about the time are when I have appointments ( Doctors. Dentists etc) Otherwise, why worry, I AM RETIRED ! Regards David Powell
      I like to have clocks in my shop/hobby areas or I'll loose track of time. I can easily work/play on stuff until 2-3am if I'm not paying attention to the clock.

Comment

Here in Saskatchewan since 1966 we've effectively been on DST year round since we are in the Mountain Time Zone but observe Central Standard Time (except for a couple of small spots). I NEVER want to go back to the "old days" of changing our clocks bi yearly.

I'm another guy who has experienced the large swing in daylight hours due to being so far north having spent a full year in the Yukon in my youth at an asbestos mine that was at Latitude 64° 24' 3" N. and like David Powell also retired with the same concern about time as he has.

Comment

And I guess winter is right around the corner too! Our propane supplier just stopped by and is filling our underground tank.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
            I'm another guy who has experienced the large swing in daylight hours due to being so far north having spent a full year in the Yukon in my youth at an asbestos mine that was at Latitude 64° 24' 3" N. and like David Powell also retired with the same concern about time as he has.
            Some people say that they like it but I have always hated november-december in here even if I have been living first 25 years 65° North.
            Was chatting once with Norwegian fella who had moved to here. Assumed that he is from southern Norway and asked how he likes the winter here.. joke is on me as he had moved from Svalbard 78° N

Comment

Originally posted by Edwin Dirnbeck View Post
              On the other forum many people were whining about resetting their clocks for daylight saving time just think about the poor people in Scotland

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Funny!! JR

Comment

Living right on the border of eastern time and central time, and doing business in both time zones, I keep two clocks in the office just so I don't screw up when I have an appointment. They call it fast time and slow time around here.

Then toss in Daylight Saving Time to boot.

Sheesh!

Comment

Working...
                X