Would You Keep It Or Send It Back ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Keep It Or Send It Back ??

I found one of these on sale last week. I have never bought anything made by Interstate and wont again.
    The picture in the catalog was deceiving and after researching the picture I found it was taken directly from the Suburban tool catalog.
    This thing wasn't even close to Suburban's quality.

An angle plate this size should be at least 3/4" thick. The "good side" of this was almost 5/8" and the other side tapered down to 1/2" in thickness.
    The insides were all uneven and wavy. I wouldn't feel safe bolting anything down to it as the nut may slide or walk when tightened or get jarred loose during machining.
    I sent it back.

JL............

I would send it back. Interstate was Enco's import or economy line.

Comment

Wow that’s the worst angle plate I have ever seen, it’s amazing that someone actually packed it and sent it, ive fished better out of a scrap bin (honestly I have) not even a scraping project living inside.
      Send it back for replacement.
      Mark

Comment

The old bait and switch game in all it's glory.
        You did well to send it back. By accepting it the flogging will only continue.
        Have you received word on how they are handling the claim? Did you send them photos in order to facilitate the return?
        Home, down in the valley behind the Red Angus
        Bad Decisions Make Good Stories

Comment

I am curious: Did it come from MSC? I know they use the Interstate brand name as did J&L and Enco.

Comment

If it came MSC it would have been suburbans price for low grade stuff, I only dealt with MSC one time and it still hurts to think about it...

that angle plate is crap - unless you paid 10 bucks for it or something i would have been upset with it too, I did not even need to expand your pic to see the taper and crap surface, but glad i did expand the pic cuz i got that hot little Asian woman again in the side adds...

Comment

I've got one of those,useless as t*ts on a boar hog.It lives in the weld shop for clamping up short open corner welds in sheet steel.

I never was a fan of the open web style angle plates,ridgid as a wet noodle.

Don't know if you need the open web feature or not,but last year I bought a couple webbed ones from KBC that were nice-

https://www.kbctools.com/products/WO...ATES/4660.aspx
              Last edited by wierdscience; 11-01-2018, 11:03 PM.
              I just need one more tool,just one!

Comment

Yeah man! That's for sure size 3 pants on a size 8 butt.

Oh yeah, the angle plate. For $5 I would have kept it and milled flats for the bolt slots.

Comment

All depends what my intended use was, and how much I paid for it. If the deal was sweet enough I could find an appropriate use for it. A little bit of back taper wouldn't automatically be a deal breaker for me though.

Comment

Originally posted by Illinoyance View Post
                    I am curious: Did it come from MSC? I know they use the Interstate brand name as did J&L and Enco.
                    Yes, it was in their Nov. sale flyer.
                    No issues on the return. They are sending UPS to pick it up.

Back in the early 90's I bought one from Enco. It was much worse......however it was much thicker the inside faces were actually mounded. When I set it on the mill table it rocked from corner to corner. That went back too and since then I've done without. I have a couple older TP ones but they are not slotted and sometimes when you have to clamp stuff the clamps get in the way and I hate to drill and tap them. I thought that things might have improved with import stuff since then but I guess not.

This is nothing........wait till I tell you about my story with my awful JET three in one.

JL...................

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                      All depends what my intended use was, and how much I paid for it. If the deal was sweet enough I could find an appropriate use for it. A little bit of back taper wouldn't automatically be a deal breaker for me though.
                      Free wouldn't be sweet enough for this kind of quality, at least not for me. It might be OK on a small drill press but I wouldn't mill with it.

JL...............

Comment

Originally posted by A.K. Boomer View Post
                        If it came MSC it would have been suburbans price for low grade stuff, I only dealt with MSC one time and it still hurts to think about it...

that angle plate is crap - unless you paid 10 bucks for it or something i would have been upset with it too, I did not even need to expand your pic to see the taper and crap surface, but glad i did expand the pic cuz i got that hot little Asian woman again in the side adds...
                        What little hot Asian woman???? Am I missing something.

JL.............

Comment

Maybe you don't get to see the advertising but lot's of us appreciate it lol well some of it...

Comment

JL,

You have to click on his picture, the hosting site he uses has some good looking ad's.

TX
                            Mr fixit for the family
                            Chris

Comment

TX, JL is "he" so maybe he's the only one that does not see it?

Comment

Working...
                              X