Candle shade carrier.?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Candle shade carrier.?

Okay, so I have this hair brained idea.... Not sure how that is possible for a bald guy but...

I saw some of them on one of those fancy cooking shows. They look like they force the candle to burn efficiently, not drip and protect the flame.

Now, I have never fondled one. So, does anyone here know how they really work? Is there a weighted ring to force the wax into the flame?

I am thinking about trying to make one that instead of holding a shade would hold a chimney.

As I said.... hair brained idea.

They may also be known as candle followers. As I said, I don't know anything about them.
    Last edited by huntinguy; 11-03-2018, 12:34 PM.

I vaguely remember something like that in of all places church,,, so must have been about 45 years ago lol

they were a gold or silver ring around the candle and automatically dropped down as they were heated enough to do so, I don't recall any wax on the outside of the candle so think they forced it into the center and higher to be burned...

Comment

All to make the little woman happy?
      https://www.churchproducts.com/churc...followers.html

Comment

Click on the price they must think theyre made of gold even if made of brass.

Comment

Great idea for making Christmas gifts though. Wonder where I could get some glass tube from?
          West Sussex UK

Comment

Originally posted by duckman View Post
            Click on the price they must think theyre made of gold even if made of brass.
            Just intended to be an informational link of what they are. Might provide the OP with the infomation he needs to replicate them
            The price, they are paid for by the parishioners, so cost is immaterial.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan Smith View Post
              Great idea for making Christmas gifts though. Wonder where I could get some glass tube from?
              I picked up the chimney at my local non-big box hardware store.

Christmas gifts.... hmmm... and I was only thinking about camping....

Comment

Working...
              X