Dual Fuel Generaters on Sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Fuel Generaters on Sale!

Home Depot has a one day sale on LP/Gasoline gensets. Pull up their sire & hit special of the day. They have a 4000 max watt for $269 & a 7500 watt w/whell kit for $599 both with free shipping. We had a thread not too long ago so I thought I'd post this & yes I do know I spelled generator wrong.
    Last edited by flylo; 11-05-2018, 11:52 AM.
    "Let me recommend the best medicine in the
    world: a long journey, at a mild season, through a pleasant
    country, in easy stages."
    ~ James Madison

For a generator that is a throw away unit
    because no parts are available, no thanks.

-D
    DZER

Comment

Chinese junk I agree but for people who very seldom need one it would be much better than nothing when you do IMHO.
      ~ James Madison

Comment

Originally posted by flylo View Post
        Home Depot has a one day sale on LP/Gasoline gensets. Pull up their sire & hit special of the day.
        No such link exists on the page I get.

You'd be lucky to find a genset of any kind (much less one on sale) within 200 miles of the Gulf Coast.

Comment

I have a small LP gas generator, (3500 Watts) It always starts and although I have never had to use it in the past 5 years I've had it, I feel good about having it around. It was in the just under the $300 dollar price, I would not expect to even think about repairs, just buy a new one. I start it up and run it for 10 minutes evert month and put some sort of load on it. Don't have to worry about the fuel going bad and we have a LP gas BBQ so we have several gas bottles.

I would rather have tools that I never use, than not have a tool I need.

Comment

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered one of the 3500W units which will be at my store in a few days. Now I will have three generators. One is a 3000W or so old one with a B&S engine that hasn't run in maybe 10 years, and a 700W 2-cycle cheapie that ran when I got it maybe 8 years ago. At least now I will have a generator I can rely on if I need it. But I haven't had a power failure that lasted longer than overnight, for as long as I can remember. I have several 12V batteries and inverters so they work well for small stuff like my computer, fans, and lights.
            http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png

Paul: www.peschoen.com
            P S Technology, Inc. www.pstech-inc.com
            and Muttley www.muttleydog.com

Comment

The HF Predator 8750 (7k running, 8750W max) is a great generator and I think it was $549. We lost power for ~1.5 days last winter and it ran my entire house (but we avoided using electric oven/stove/dryer/etc.). We did use a toaster/small convection oven to heat any foods up through. It was flawless. I was also amazed how easily the electric starter fires it up too with a 12v 12ah battery.

Comment

I have a remote start propane fueled 8kW Honda at my kids off the grid cabin in the woods in Minnesota.
                It has run flawlessly several hundred hours a year for over 15 years.
                I paid about $3000 for it. Worth every dime.
                Bill
                I cut it off twice and it's still too short!

Comment

DuroMax 10,000 watt duel fuel elect start genset on Ebay for $499/shipped eBay item number:202474561444 Normally twice that. You can make it remote start with an old style ford solenoid that mounted on the inner fender. I've done several that way. Not a bad deal if you need one.

Features
                  Powerful 18 HP Engine is able to accept high wattage loads with ease.
                  This Generator has endless uses; from Home Standby Power, Jobsites to a Weekend with the RV.
                  Equipped with Low Oil Protection, AC and DC Regulators, and a Spark Arrestor, Your unit will remain safe and in top operating condition.
                  As simple as turning on your car - if the battery is discharged simply use the 1-pull recoil cord to start the generator.
                  This unit was designed to allow anyone to start and operate. All models are available with Electric and Recoil Start.
                  Our Friendly Technicians know these units inside and out. Have a Technical Question? Give them a call and they will be glad to help you out.
                  When the idle control is switched on it automatically lowers the RPM's to an idle when no power is being used. When power is used it automatically raises the RPM to respond to the load and then lowers it again when the load is removed. This feature dramatically saves fuel and reduces noise when engaged.
                  Allows the user to get maximum power from each of the 120 Volt Receptacle. It also allows the user to choose between operating the Generator at both 120V and 240V simultaneously, or at 120 only with full power. It is recommended that the Voltage Selector switch always be in the 120V position unless 240V is required.
                  Heavy duty frame with four point fully isolated motor mounts for smooth quiet operation.
                  Full power panel with oil warning light, volt meter, circuit breaker and power outlets.
                  Run Time Gasoline - Up to 10 Hours at 1/2-Load
                  Run Time Propane - Up to 10 Hours at 1/2-Load on 40 lb. Tank
                  Low oil shut-off protects engine.
                  Quiet Muffler reduces engine noise.
                  Full EPA and CARB Compliance allows for operation in all 50 States
                  What's in The Box
                  DuroMax XP10000EH Electric Start Dual Fuel Generator.
                  12V Generator Battery.
                  Generator Wheel Kit.
                  Generator Tool Kit.
                  Owner's Manual
                  Warranty
                  3-Year Residential Limited Factory Warranty
                  1-Year Commercial Limited Factory Warranty
                  30 Day Satisfaction Guaranteed
                  SPECIFICATIONS
                  Sku XP10000EH
                  Brand DuroMax
                  Max AC Output 10,000 Watts
                  Rated AC Output 8,000 Watts
                  Engine Displacement 439cc
                  Horsepower 18 Hp
                  Amperage 66.5A / 33.3A
                  Current 120v/240v AC and 12v DC
                  Max Torque 21 ft-lbs.
                  Run Time on Gasoline Up to 8 Hours at 1/2 Load
                  Run Time on Propane Up to 9 hours at 1/2 Load on 40 lb. Tank
                  Fuel Tank Capacity 8.3 Gallons
                  Low Oil Lamp/Shutoff Yes
                  Start Type Electric / Recoil
                  Decibels 72 dB(A)
                  Shipping Weight 265 lbs.
                  ~ James Madison

Comment

They have these again if anyones interested.
                    ~ James Madison

Comment

I have a gas drive Lincoln ac welder that works for my generator. I am thinking of converting it to propane

Comment

Working...
                      X