Search Error Message

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Search Error Message

It's been awhile since I used the search function, but an attempt just now earned me this error message:

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
    The Home Shop Machinist & Machinist's Workshop Magazine's BBS
    "

Whatzat all about?

I complied with the instruction and tried again, only to get the same message.

What's the expiration date on your token?

Comment

I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you. I have not heard from anyone else about this and can't get it to do it for me.

You might want to try deleting the cookies in your browser or trying another browser.
      George

Comment

Hit the 'new posts' (or any button that will take you to a new screen on the forum) button and try your search again. I get that every so often.

Comment

Originally posted by lynnl View Post
          It's been awhile since I used the search function, but an attempt just now earned me this error message:

"Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.
          The Home Shop Machinist & Machinist's Workshop Magazine's BBS
          "

Whatzat all about?

I complied with the instruction and tried again, only to get the same message.
          After you hit the back button, did you reload that window (press F5) or assume the back button did it for you? The back button likely loads the
          previous window from the browsers cache, i.e. an old copy of that window.

Comment

ok, after 'reloading' it worked this time. I had overlooked the "...reload the previous window." phrase.

Comment

It's not that surprising. I can see how that phrase might be interpreted that the window would be reloaded by pressing the back button. The
              wording could have been clearer, for example:
              Please push the back button and then press F5 to reload the previous window.

Comment

Originally posted by RichR View Post
                It's not that surprising. I can see how that phrase might be interpreted that the window would be reloaded by pressing the back button. The
                wording could have been clearer, for example:
                That would be very, very silly. Here is a better message of the same nature:

If you're using a MAC, please make sure the F5 key is setup in your browser to refresh your browser window. If it's not currently setup, navigate to the following website for instructions: https://www.maciverse.com/make-f5-re...-on-a-mac.html
                Or if you would rather not waste your valuable time trying to figure out how to map F5 to refresh your browser on a Mac, you can try pressing Command-R on your MAC keyboard.
                If you've setup your MAC for the F5 stupidity above, then you're all set.

If you're using a tablet, just forget all of the nonsense above and click on the refresh icon.

If you're using one of the popular web browsers that automatically map F5 to refresh, continue reading..

Comment

There are two search options, but the one at the top never seems to work. The other one does:

http://pauleschoen.com/pix/PM08_P76_P54.png

Paul: www.peschoen.com
                  P S Technology, Inc. www.pstech-inc.com
                  and Muttley www.muttleydog.com

Comment

Working...
                  X