No announcement yet.

what are your ideas on those nonspill oil cups, shop made of course

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you for the offers, but I'm straight.
    Mike
    WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
      I look forward to seeing your can in action.
      Originally posted by MichaelP View Post
      Thank you for the offers, but I'm straight.
      No pressure. You can come out when you're ready.

Comment

Deal. I'll put your resume in my files for now.
        Mike
        WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Michael, the oiler looks great.

Oddly enough I just made up some tuna salad today and the can is sitting there. I'm now thinking that the opened can turned upside down and the steel rim soldered to a suitably turned piece of 12 to 8Ga steel plate might be a nice option. The heavier base thus obtained would make the can slide around less

The trick is to turn the rim to fit the can and get the right shape to it all. Joe Pi did a YT video on "pressure turning" and I think that would be the way to do this well.

And for my own part I'll settle to just reading about the results of your can in action.....
          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

I wanna see one from a SPAM can.

Comment

Originally posted by softtail View Post
              I wanna see one from a SPAM can.
              What would you call it? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Tungsten dipper View Post
                What would you call it? Just curious.
                Tremendous is what I would call it.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                  Michael, the oiler looks great.

Oddly enough I just made up some tuna salad today and the can is sitting there. I'm now thinking that the opened can turned upside down and the steel rim soldered to a suitably turned piece of 12 to 8Ga steel plate might be a nice option. The heavier base thus obtained would make the can slide around less

The trick is to turn the rim to fit the can and get the right shape to it all. Joe Pi did a YT video on "pressure turning" and I think that would be the way to do this well.

And for my own part I'll settle to just reading about the results of your can in action.....
                  I was thinking the same thing about this shell mill container.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've got a couple of those containers. But unless you can find something to make the joint oil proof they will leak badly if tipped over for more than a few seconds. And even then the amount trapped between the walls will continue to run out Or are you considering it as just the piece that fits into the tuna tin?
                    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

• I have modified children’s paint cups into no spill cups. It works well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Those kid's paint cups look like they would work quite well with no mods. Well...... One mod.... I'd want to put a hunk of heavier metal inside on the bottom so it can't move or set the cup down into some sort of base of heavier material so they are not tippy. As they sit out of the package they look pretty tippy.

Or the other thought is to use some seriously good sturdy glue to bond a nice magnet to the bottom so it just sucks itself onto a machine or onto a disc of 1/4" steel or similar as a heavy base.
                        Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

• Originally posted by BCRider View Post
                          I'm now thinking that the opened can turned upside down and the steel rim soldered to a suitably turned piece of 12 to 8Ga steel plate might be a nice option. The heavier base thus obtained would make the can slide around less

Now wait a second! The whole beauty of the tuna can oiler design is in its simplicity and low key components. If we start turning, we won't need the can. We can make something that really looks sophisticated (or, as my friend says, " so fisticated!").

If you need an extra weight, just shove some metal pieces, etc. into the can and be done with it. But from what I can see, the tuna can oilers are exceptionally stable "as is" and need no additional weight.

Now what was it about "just reading about the results"?
                          "Lazy you just stay in bed
                          You don't want no money
                          You don't want no bread"
                          Last edited by MichaelP; 12-12-2018, 02:42 AM.
                          Mike
                          WI/IL border, USA

Comment

• I use a squeeze bottle, the one on the left uses a bit of 5mm? nylon air tube superglued into the bottle lid, a little 'o' ring glued on as well for extra support. The nylon tube stands up to cutters well. I can't recall what this bottle was for, it dates to the 1980's!

Comment

• So why the long thread about non-spilling oil containers?

Does everyone commonly spill oil all over themselves and need a "sippy cup" for it?

I do not think I have spilled an oil container but maybe one time, and I was filling it at the time. Seems like a solution without a problem.
                              CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
                              Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
                              Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
                              I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
                              Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

• Here comes Jerry and spoils all the fun.
                                Mike
                                WI/IL border, USA

Comment

Working...
                                X