No announcement yet.

Atlas Shaper Gib Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice work! I especially like the use of the bushing screws to support the modified drill bit. And good call on the shim.
    Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

Yes indeed. you don't want to have it hanging up on something.

I admit I probably would have done it quick and dirty, but there is no harm in being careful and accurate about it.
      CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
      Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
      Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
      I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
      Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

I think for me machining of this sort is more about the journey than the destination...

Comment

Originally posted by Wheels17 View Post
          I think for me machining of this sort is more about the journey than the destination...
          For those of us doing this as a hobby the journey is what it's all about.
          Chilliwack BC, Canada

Comment

I guess I classify fixing MY machines somewhere in the category of getting gas, changing oil, and checking tires before the journey.....

I prefer fixing other people's machines.
            CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
            Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
            Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
            I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
            Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Working...
            X