OT Bought a wooden watch for a Christmas present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT Bought a wooden watch for a Christmas present

I bought a wooden watch for my sister's Christmas present. https://www.holzkern.com/en/?gclid=E...yAAEgKDVfD_BwE

Originally posted by old mart View Post
    I bought a wooden watch for my sister's Christmas present. https://www.holzkern.com/en/?gclid=E...yAAEgKDVfD_BwE
    I hope she isn't one of those silly tree-huggers

Comment

She can be now!
      Kansas City area

Comment

Did jer pay for it with wooden nickels?
        CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
        Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
        Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
        I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
        Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

What technique do they use to stabilize the wood?

Comment

Originally posted by elf View Post
            What technique do they use to stabilize the wood?
            They kill it

Comment

Where's the wood Pecker?

Comment

Some of those watches are quite attractive. As a woman's watch it might have a longer lifetime than it would if used by a man. Men tend to wear one watch all the time, and they take a lot of punishment. Women tend to have watches for various occasions, and swap them to match the clothes they are wearing.

Dan
                At the end of the project, there is a profound difference between spare parts and left over parts.

Comment

Ah, watch case. You know that in the 19th century Russians made pocket watch mechanisms from wood all except for the spring as even that much brass was too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                  X