Tool Post Grinder Stone choices.!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tool Post Grinder Stone choices.!

I have a Old Du more Tool Post Grinder. Yes I have tried to contact (through E Mail )the Company. Im grinding the Outside now on some 8 inch Diameter .125 thick Titanium (Grade Unknown ? ) Brake Discs. I was trying to Find some 2.5 inch diameter 1 Inch Wide Green Grinding Silicon Carbide Stones with a 1/2 inch Bore. . Im having a time with it. I even called Local (as ion web Page) Dumore Distributor with no luck so far. Anyone know where or who sells these small dia. Green Grinding Wheels? They can very in size and width as I have a couple Jobs for it then ... Thanx Mike

have you tried Sopko?

http://www.wmsopko.com/
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Dumores web site lists a variety of grinding wheels with pricing and materials the wheels are suited for.
      Toolznthings

Comment

A friend of mine has an old Dumore tool post grinder. I've borrowed it on a few occasions for those special jobs. I found 2 1/2" dia. stones for it at MSC, not the green silicon carbide ones, just plain Alox wheels.

You might want to start here.....https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/?searchterm=2+1%2F2%22+grinding+wheel&hdrsrh=true

There are some blended wheels here....https://www.mscdirect.com/browse/tn/...de&hdrsrh=true

JL...............
        Last edited by JoeLee; 12-11-2018, 11:01 PM.

Comment

Thanx Guys I DID FIRST Email Dumore regarding the Stones. Guess since I dont want a hundred of them perhaps they dont care. I will try MSC . Joe Lee I did try some Regular Wheels ,they wouldn't Work Just wore them down BIG TIME. I emailed Sopko also for Pricing. MSC has a Lot of Stuff for sure. It sucks to be ordering stuff up in Canada. We get reamed on Dollar and Duty ect.

Comment

that Dan Gerbert (sp?) guys suggests making your own on the water jet cutter. Of course he has a water jet cutter. They do seem a bit like unicorn horns, there's a few in the bottom of the TG box when you buy it, and then what? can't recall seeing a good selection in a catalogue.

I would phone Dumore and ask, if they don't sell small quantities, where you can buy them; who distributes/stocks them. An email is easier to brush off than a call
            in Toronto Ontario - where are you?

Comment

Don't bother with Sopko, they do not do wheels. I had thought they did.

MSC has them, and Dumore tools, Artco Tools, and others.... here's a search:

https://www.google.com/search?source...30.q9UC2QLwHS4
              CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
              Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
              Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
              I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
              Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

J Tiers Yes I got a Reply From them as follows. Dumore NEVER replied. Yet??!!

Good morning, Michael.

I am sorry we do not sell grinding wheels made of that substance.

Best regards,

Jeff Calkins

Sales Representative

William Sopko & Sons, Co.

26500 Lakeland Blvd

Cleveland, OH 44132

P#: 216-289-1400 X415

F#: 216-289-1888

Comment

Mc Gyver

Good day Mike... I spoke with Du-more finally Today. Firstly the first Number on they're web page wouldn't go through. (this one 888-467-8288) Then dialed the one other Number and SUCCESS!! Well kinda because after being on hold a few Minutes the Line went Dead.!! Called again and finally spoke with a Fellow named Jim who helped me out? he didn't know much about Grinding Wheels (Salesman Perhaps) but did Direct me to the wheel Page and for direct Purchasing . Im not sure what to buy for Laser Cut Titanium but figured anything that would cut Carbides a good Start. Thank you all for the Help..

888-467-8288

Comment

Working...
                  X