squirrel cage blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• squirrel cage blower

I have a rotor I'd like to use in a custom fan unit. This thing was originally an upright thing with air coming in from the back side and exiting on the other, front side. The cage itself has closed ends, so it's a little difficult to see how this works. The normal squirrel cage is open at one end so air can go in and get forced through the vanes and around a scroll. In this case either the housing forces air in through the vanes then expels it at a different point in the rotation, or the outside surface simply 'grips' the air and causes it to follow around with the rotor until it reaches a fin of sorts which peels the moving air off the rotor and directs it to the exit.

Anyone know the science behind these closed-end rotors?
    I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Look up "crossflow fan" or "crossflow blower".
    CNC machines only go through the motions.

Ideas expressed may be mine, or from anyone else in the universe.
    Not responsible for clerical errors. Or those made by lay people either.
    Number formats and units may be chosen at random depending on what day it is.
    I reserve the right to use a number system with any integer base without prior notice.
    Generalizations are understood to be "often" true, but not true in every case.

Comment

Thanks JT- I'm on the right track now.
      I seldom do anything within the scope of logical reason and calculated cost/benefit, etc- I'm following my passion-

Comment

Working...
      X