vfd question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vfd question.

I have a vfd that I share between my beltsander and a horizontal bandsaw.It goes into error code oc-c.I have no literature for this and even if I did I battle to understand it.
    I suspect the vfd gets too hot. But it can go into fault mode very quick,twenty seconds. I suspect it may be overheating as my workshop gets to about 50 c in summer.I dont here the fan come on. Is there a way to switch the fan on by programming or could I put a permanent fan into this thing.?
    Last edited by plunger; 12-17-2018, 03:16 AM.

With make and model info, a manual can be found on-line.

Make and model is.......????

Keep eye on ball.
    Hashim Khan

Comment

oc-c could be an overcurrent condition. Need the make and model to be sure.

Comment

What is the difference in the motors? HP? RPM?
        Max.

Comment

Procedure for your problem/question:

1. Make and model number: write them down

2. Internet search for manual

3. Get manual/print if necessary

4. READ manual

Come back here is necessary.
          Paul A.

Make it fit.
          You can't win and there is a penalty for trying!

Comment

Looks a lot like the Motortronics units sold over in PM 5 years ago: https://www.practicalmachinist.com/v...-1-5kw-269488/

Dan
            “All political power comes from the barrel of a gun. The communist party must command all the guns, that way, no guns can ever be used to command the party.” (Problems of War and Strategy, Nov 6 1938, published in “Selected Works of Mao Zedong,” 1965)

Comment

I had an OC fault on an inverter, turned out to be an open circuit on one of the phases, one of the wires had come off the motor.

Comment

Before you fret over how or where with the fan, maybe you should just get a reg house fan and set it up on something
                pointed at your vfd, and see if that helps. As others are saying it might be something else. But this would be a quick
                way to eliminate the over heating theory.
                John Titor, when are you.

Comment

I think most want to know the make/model so that the manual can be found and the code can be identified, before jumping to a conclusion.

Codes are not always what they seem, and several things may all trip one code.

Keep eye on ball.
                  Hashim Khan

Comment

Another question since your using this on two machines, Does the fault happen on both machines or just one?
                    lg
                    no neat sig line

Comment

I found out that its calledan tverter . I think its similer to a teco. It says in the manual that OC_C fault meeds a reactor between the power source and vfd. What is a reactor.?I still dont here the fan kick in though.

Comment

A reactor is slang for an inductor.

Comment

Originally posted by RichR View Post
                          A reactor is slang for an inductor.
                          Thanks Rich ,.Whats an inductor.

Comment

Working...
                          X