No announcement yet.

O.T. thought on auto stop/start systems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With regards to Audi, I'm only familiar with the R8 and it would certainty benefit from less un-sprung weight, just like any super-car would. Performance can only get better, not worse with less un-sprung weight.

Comment

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
      With regards to Audi, I'm only familiar with the R8 and it would certainty benefit from less un-sprung weight, just like any super-car would. Performance can only get better, not worse with less un-sprung weight.
      When performance gets extreme so does the demands - on things like braking and cooling there-of. like I said there's always tradeoffs and "finding the room" for massive inboard rotors and trying to cool them is one hell of a sacrifice and WILL add total vehicle weight just in shrouding and such,,,

keep in mind what i said earlier too - go after the "real" unsprung weight - the stuff that's hanging farthest out from the pivot points - investing in lighter wheels can give you the same bennies without all the pitfalls...

Comment

I agree the inboard brakes aren't a great idea. But I still like the e-type chassis. The body is decent too till you get to the headlights, the face could use a facelift as well. lol

Cobras are cool too. I like all old cars though.

Originally posted by 3 Phase Lightbulb View Post
        The R8 could benefit from all sorts of diet plans. I have never seen so much plastic in a car before.

Even their muffler is like 100 pounds of over engineered crap.

Andy

Comment

Nice upgrade on the muffler system -geeze - the V/10 spyder is approaching 2 TONS !!!

another thing about inboard disc is the fact that although having less unsprung weight can help handling around bumpy turns there can also be a bad effect under severe braking - bumpy turns or not, all the braking now has to be transmitted through the axles and the axles act as torsion bars so they can cause allot of skipping around and winding back up,

I have no idea where you mount anti-lock brake sensors at as either way your going to be getting erroneous readings... (not that i would put anti-lock brakes on anything lol)
          Last edited by A.K. Boomer; 01-04-2019, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X